Upgrade to 13.02 completely failed, trying to get Nextcloud back working

Please delete everything above when creating your topic and provide the following:

Nextcloud version 13.01 / 13.02:
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04 x64):
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.18):
PHP version (eg, 7.0):

The issue you are facing:

I updated through the web-version from 13.01 to 13.02. Changed the permissions like always. It got halfway through, then on writing files I got an error that it couldn’t write something.

From there I was kinda screwed. I couldn’t get to OCC because the files were gone, only half of the install had finished. Not sure what to do I made a backup of what was left (so i have my config files saved), and redownloaded the nextcloud files and put them on the server.

When I try to get into OCC I get this error:

root@odroid64:/var/www/nextcloud# cd /var/www/nextcloud/
root@odroid64:/var/www/nextcloud# sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:install --database
PHP Warning: require_once(public/Constants.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php on line 57
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘public/Constants.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php’) in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php on line 57
root@odroid64:/var/www/nextcloud#

I get the same error whenever I do any occ command. Also, same error in my apache log, no other errors atm.

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

[Fri Apr 27 13:13:09.557320 2018] [:error] [pid 22841] [client xxx] PHP Warning:  require_once(public/Constants.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php on line 57
[Fri Apr 27 13:13:09.557415 2018] [:error] [pid 22841] [client xxx] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'public/Constants.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php on line 57

Check if lib/public/Constants.php is actually accessible by the web server.

Yes sorry if I’m a noob, how/where can I check this?

Thanks, I think i figured out why it wasn’t finding it… my file transfer didn’t unpack lib correctly, one sec.

The nexcloud install that i patched together hadn’t gone well. I started the nextcloud install from scratch, and that seems to have worked. I’m back up and running thanks.

Glad it works now.

[quote=“gu3miles, post:3, topic:30994”]
Yes sorry if I’m a noob[/quote]

Don’t be sorry, we all started somewhere. And you fixed it! Solving these issues is how you go from n00b to l33t :wink: