Upgrade to 13.0.1 breaks

Hi all,

I’m getting an fatal error updating from 13.0.0. to 13.0.1 Here’s the output generated while running occ upgrade:

Starting code integrity check…

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'INSERT INTOoc_appconfig(appid,configkey,configvalue) SELECT ?,?,? FROMoc_appconfigWHEREappid= ? ANDconfigkey= ? HAVING COUNT(*) = 0' with params ["core", "oc.integritycheck.checker", "{\"core\":{\"EXTRA_FILE\":{\"core\\\/doc\\\/user\\\/_images\\\/kdes1.png\":{\"expected\":\"\",\"current\":

[snip]

SQLSTATE[08S01]: Communication link failure: 1153 Got a packet bigger than 
'max_allowed_packet' bytes
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

I had to cut out about 13,000 lines to be able to enter the above here.

I’m running nextcloud on:
FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p9
PHP v7.0.29
apache v2.4.33

Any help in getting my nextcloud installation running again would be most appreciated.

Hi,

Maybe it is enough to increase the size of max_allowed_packet in your DB config.
If you’re running a mysql/ mariadb, please check:
/etc/mysql/my.cnf

and slightly increase the value for max_allowed_packet

On my server I have:
max_allowed_packet = 64M

and didn’t run into such an issue so far. So maybe this value is a good guideline.

That worked! That value was 1M and I changed it to 64M, and now “./occ upgrade” runs without error.

I wonder if something was changed in the integrity check?

Could it have had anything to do with this change?

The nextcloud 13.0.1 package changes the location of the bundled apps.
After updating to 13.0.1 you MUST adapt your configuration. You MUST
add an additional entry to the “apps-paths” array in config/config.php

I used a FreeBSD package to upgrade from 13.0.0 to 13.0.1, and so the first time around I didn’t see this message, since I update a number of packages at the same time in batch mode. Just now I reran the FreeBSD 13.0.1 port upgrade manually by hand, did see the instruction this time around, and updated the config accordingly. Maybe the error was generated because I didn’t do this the first time?

In any case thank you very much. NC is running here again fine.