Upgrade Nextcloud 16 to 17

hi everybody!

I need help on upgrading nextcloud 16 to 17.
We have a nextcloudd on production v16. For upgrading I decided to make a clone and test upgrade to 17.
I have followed the nextcloud process, at one moment I needed to write this command:
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ app:disable user_ldap
to achieve at version 17.

The problem is before writing the command
“ServerNotAvailableException : Lost connection to LDAP Server”

When I writing this command: sudo -u www-data php /var/www/html/nextcloud/occ ldap:show-config i have the following output:
Command LDAP is not defined.

Can you help me please?

PS I am a newbie in linux please kind with me!!

I think you’re aware that not only NC 16 (06/2020) but also NC 17 (10/2020) has already been declared EOL. Due to the fact that NC 18 will be declared EOL (01/2021) in the near future your aim should be to migrate your server to at least NC 19 asap (16 > 17 > 18 > 19)!

If you first disable an app (occ app:disable ...), you cannot use any function which the app provides without re-enabling the app (`occ app:enable …) again :wink:

hi J Ed

thank you for your answer but it was the only way to go in version 17!
So whant I can i do to re enable the lap?

If you’ve successfully migrated to Nextcloud 17, you need to enable the app again if you want to use its function.

I have managed to upgrade to version 20.02 does i need to download from the gui panel of nextcloud the app LDAP and fill the informations within it?
There will be no interactions with nextcloud production server?
Thank you.

I have managed to upgrade to version 20.02

fantastic!

does i need to download from the gui panel of nextcloud the app LDAP and fill the informations within it?

I don’t know what answer you are expecting, but if you need a specific function and want to use a specific app, you need to installit it using the app menu, fill in required information so that it works as desired.

There will be no interactions with nextcloud production server?

I don’t know what answer you are expecting, but if you’re modifying the configuration of a production server, by installing and activating an app, this will definitely have an impact on how the server works - isn’t that the usual behavior you would expect?

thank you for your help but when I activate ldap user app in the gui, I have an error message
Internal Server Error

f this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

The server log file can provide more information.

and also I can’t log into the gui of nextcloud now!

And again, check the content of the Nextcloud server log file to find the root cause of the problem.

how do you do that? where is it? please

Check the config.php file for a dedicated definition of a log file or check the data directory, which should be the default storage location for that file.

I get this message in the file nextcloud.log /var/www/html/nextcloud/data

16T15:32:22+00:00",“remoteAddr”:“192.168.254.7”,“user”:“administrateur”,“app”:“index”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/settings/users",“message”:{“Exception”:“OC\ServerNotAvailableException”,“Message”:“Lost connection to LDAP server.”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php",“line”:420,“function”:“processLDAPError”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\LDAP”,“type”:"->",“args”:["*** sensitive parameter replaced "]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php",“line”:343,“function”:“postFunctionCall”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\LDAP”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php",“line”:63,“function”:“invokeLDAPMethod”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\LDAP”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Connection.php",“line”:664,“function”:“bind”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\LDAP”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced "]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Connection.php",“line”:578,“function”:“bind”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Connection”,“type”:"->",“args”:[" sensitive parameters replaced “]},{“file”:”/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Connection.php",“line”:198,“function”:“establishConnection”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Connection”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Connection.php",“line”:206,“function”:“init”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Connection”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Access.php",“line”:1140,“function”:“getConnectionResource”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Connection”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Access.php",“line”:1323,“function”:“executeSearch”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Access”,“type”:"->",“args”:["(&(&(|(objectclass=group)))(cn=))",“dc=ahnac,dc=net”,[“cn”,“dn”],500,null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Access.php",“line”:1028,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Access”,“type”:"->",“args”:["(&(&(|(objectclass=group)))(cn=))",“dc=ahnac,dc=net”,[“cn”,“dn”],null,null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Access.php",“line”:941,“function”:“searchGroups”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Access”,“type”:"->",“args”:["(&(&(|(objectclass=group)))(cn=))",[“cn”,“dn”],null,null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Group_LDAP.php",“line”:1100,“function”:“fetchListOfGroups”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Access”,“type”:"->",“args”:["(&(&(|(objectclass=group)))(cn=*))",[“cn”,“dn”],null,null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Group_Proxy.php",“line”:248,“function”:“getGroups”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Group_LDAP”,“type”:"->",“args”:["",null,null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Group/Manager.php",“line”:247,“function”:“getGroups”,“class”:“OCA\User_LDAP\Group_Proxy”,“type”:"->",“args”:["",null,null]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Group/MetaData.php",“line”:197,“function”:“search”,“class”:“OC\Group\Manager”,“type”:"->",“args”:[""]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Group/MetaData.php",“line”:96,“function”:“getGroups”,“class”:“OC\Group\MetaData”,“type”:"->",“args”:[""]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/UsersController.php",“line”:188,“function”:“get”,“class”:“OC\Group\MetaData”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:169,“function”:“usersList”,“class”:“OCA\Settings\Controller\UsersController”,“type”:"->",“args”:[]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php",“line”:100,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Settings\Controller\UsersController”},“usersList”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php",“line”:152,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:"->",“args”:[{“class”:“OCA\Settings\Controller\UsersController”},“usersList”]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php",“line”:308,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:"::",“args”:[“OCA\Settings\Controller\UsersController”,“usersList”,{“class”:“OC\AppFramework\DependencyInjection\DIContainer”},{“action”:null,"_route":“settings.Users.usersList”}]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/base.php",“line”:1008,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:"->",“args”:["/settings/users"]},{“file”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/index.php",“line”:37,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:"::",“args”:[]}],“File”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/LDAP.php",“Line”:381,“CustomMessage”:"–"},“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36 Edg/87.0.664.60”,“version”:“20.0.4.0”}

Does this message talk to anyone?