Upgrade from 10.0.6 to 11 won't detect PHP 7

I just migrated an old Owncloud 9.1.7 to Nextcloud 10.0.6.

Seems to work fine, so afterwards i upgraded PHP to: PHP 7.0.27-1+ubuntu14.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (cli) (built: Jan 11 2018 23:19:41) ( NTS ) with the instructions found here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-convert-an-owncloud-installation-to-nextcloud-on-ubuntu-14-04

However I still get an error message in the admin panel: “You are running PHP 5.5. To allow you to upgrade to Nextcloud 11 and higher you need to run at least PHP 5.6…”

I have restarted the apache server, tried changing the release channel back and forth, and restarted the whole server but no luck.
I did not set up this installation originally, so I don’t know too much about how the config, but AFAIK it’s a very standard Owncloud 9.1 setup (before the migration).

Any ideas?

Are you sure you did a2dismod php5 from the instructions you linked to? Maybe first try to be sure that the new php is actually used. Can you place a separate test.php file with <?php phpinfo(); ?> in it into your web-folder to show which php version you are using?

Have a look which php-versions you have installed and where they are used, if you are running Debian or Ubuntu, these commands will give you more information:

dpkg -l php*
ls -al /etc/alternatives/php*
which php-cgi
which php

Also, the way to choose the PHP version depends on whether you use an apache module, (f)cgi or php-fpm.