Upgrade 23.0.9 -> 23.0.11, Collective-App crashes

the update to 23.0.11 fails with, see below.
When I remove the app “collectives” the update works.
Unfortunately some users use this app so I cannot delete/disable it permanently.
Could someone please give me a hint?
Thanks in advance.

“reqId”:“sxNbIER0eC”,“level”:3,“time”:“2022-11-04T16:30:19+00:00”,“remoteAddr”:“192.168xxxx”,“user”:“admin”,“app”:“index”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/apps/files/”,“message”:“Call to undefined method OCA\Circles\Model\Probes\CircleProbe::getChecksum() in file ‘/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Service/CircleService.php’ line 530”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:106.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/106.0”,“version”:“23.0.11.1”,“exception”:{“Exception”:“Exception”,“Message”:“Call to undefined method OCA\Circles\Model\Probes\CircleProbe::getChecksum() in file ‘/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Service/CircleService.php’ line 530”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php”,“line”:157,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php”,“line”:302,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php”,“line”:1015,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/index.php”,“line”:36,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:“::”}],“File”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php”,“Line”:158,“Previous”:{“Exception”:“Error”,“Message”:“Call to undefined method OCA\Circles\Model\Probes\CircleProbe::getChecksum()”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:[{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/CirclesManager.php”,“line”:332,“function”:“getCircles”,“class”:“OCA\Circles\Service\CircleService”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Service/CircleHelper.php”,“line”:104,“function”:“getCircles”,“class”:“OCA\Circles\CirclesManager”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Service/CollectiveHelper.php”,“line”:47,“function”:“getCircles”,“class”:“OCA\Collectives\Service\CircleHelper”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Mount/MountProvider.php”,“line”:75,“function”:“getCollectivesForUser”,“class”:“OCA\Collectives\Service\CollectiveHelper”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/collectives/lib/Mount/MountProvider.php”,“line”:123,“function”:“getFoldersForUser”,“class”:“OCA\Collectives\Mount\MountProvider”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Config/MountProviderCollection.php”,“line”:108,“function”:“getMountsForUser”,“class”:“OCA\Collectives\Mount\MountProvider”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Filesystem.php”,“line”:424,“function”:“addMountForUser”,“class”:“OC\Files\Config\MountProviderCollection”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Filesystem.php”,“line”:341,“function”:“initMountPoints”,“class”:“OC\Files\Filesystem”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_Util.php”,“line”:342,“function”:“init”,“class”:“OC\Files\Filesystem”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Controller/ViewController.php”,“line”:151,“function”:“setupFS”,“class”:“OC_Util”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/files/lib/Controller/ViewController.php”,“line”:204,“function”:“getStorageInfo”,“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php”,“line”:217,“function”:“index”,“class”:“OCA\Files\Controller\ViewController”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php”,“line”:126,“function”:“executeController”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php”,“line”:157,“function”:“dispatch”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php”,“line”:302,“function”:“main”,“class”:“OC\AppFramework\App”,“type”:“::”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/lib/base.php”,“line”:1015,“function”:“match”,“class”:“OC\Route\Router”,“type”:“->”},{“file”:“/var/www/nextcloud/index.php”,“line”:36,“function”:“handleRequest”,“class”:“OC”,“type”:“::”}],“File”:“/var/www/nextcloud/apps/circles/lib/Service/CircleService.php”,“Line”:530},“CustomMessage”:“–”}}
"

Hi, I ran into the same problem. After upgrade from Nextcloud 22.2.10 to Nextcloud 23.0.11 today I encountered a “500 Internal Server Error” immediately when setup was finished and then always when trying to login.

occ log:watch did also print Call to undefined method OCA\Circles\Model\Probes\CircleProbe::getChecksum()

So I disabled Circles App with occ app:disable circles and was finally able to login again.

Then I upgraded to Nextcloud 24.0.7. After upgrade proccess was finished I re-enabled circles with occ app:enable circles and all is fine now.

Apparently this error is fixed with Nextcloud 24.0.7 or circles 24.0.1.

Dear @panspectron2020 and @abcd. Unfortunately you hit a bug in the Circles app on Nextcloud 23. It’s been fixed in the meantime and will be part of the upcoming Nextcloud 23.0.12 release on December 1st. If you like, you can manually patch it into your Nextcloud instance to fix the issue upfront:

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/nextcloud/circles/pull/1206.patch

Or you upgrade to Nextcloud 24. There the problem doesn’t exist :relaxed:

2 Likes

@mejo will this update also resolve issues under version 25?

Hey @SamuelBlickle, the problem you face under Nextcloud 25 is very likely something else and should be fixed with the Collectives 2.1.0 release I just published. Please let me know if this didn’t solve the issues you face.