Updating Nextcloud 19.0 to Latest Docker Error

Hey i was running Nextcloud in docker and accidently rebuilt my image. i was running version 19 and now i can’t update to the latest version. I tried downgrading back to version 19 then tried to update to version 20 first but i’m getting the following error.

Update to 20.0.12
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE oc_authtoken CHANGE `password_invalid` password_invalid TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0'': SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 4047 InnoDB refuses to write tables with ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED or KEY_BLOCK_SIZE.

Detailed logs 
Preparing update

Set log level to debug

Turned on maintenance mode

Repair step: Repair MySQL collation

Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do

Repair step: Repair SQLite autoincrement

Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud

Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud

Updating database schema

Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'ALTER TABLE oc_authtoken CHANGE `password_invalid` password_invalid TINYINT(1) DEFAULT '0'': SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 4047 InnoDB refuses to write tables with ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED or KEY_BLOCK_SIZE.

The update was unsuccessful. Please report this issue to the Nextcloud community.

the steps i took to downgrade
https://nicolasbouliane.com/blog/nextcloud-docker-upgrade-error

I’d be grateful for any help

InnoDB refuses to write tables with ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED or KEY_BLOCK_SIZE.

did you google/search this error message along with nextcloud?

may be you have an old version of mariadb or missed some command line options. there are a lot of threads here in the forum about this subject.

e.g.: https://techoverflow.net/2021/08/17/how-to-fix-nextcloud-4047-innodb-refuses-to-write-tables-with-row_formatcompressed-or-key_block_size/

thanks, I found something after i posted.

adding ‘mysql.utf8mb4’ => false, to my nextcloud config file fixed the issue

thanks