Updates stop with many errors with sql tables

Updating nextloud with ssh always (latest update from 15-0-4 to 16-0-3) with many errors of databases
E.g. Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT COLUMN_NAME AS Field, COLUMN_TYPE AS Type, IS_NULLABLE AS Null, COLUMN_KEY AS Key, COLUMN_DEFAULT AS Default, EXTRA AS Extra, COLUMN_COMMENT AS Comment, CHARACTER_SET_NAME AS CharacterSet, COLLATION_NAME AS Collation FROM information_schema.COLUMNS WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA

For each of this errors I have to go to phpmyadmin and repair the table and reenter the upgrade command.

Isnt there a better way? Very strange. Shouldnt the update take care of correct tables itself??!!

Unfortunately you haven’t written which database you are using and which repair tasks you have to initiate to get this problem fixed. I assume that you’re aware of the 4-byte collation requirement.

MySql
Only click on repair all tables in PhpMyAdmin. But that several times. The upgrades stops with an error, repair, restart upgrade, error, etc

This can`t be normal

I’d suggest to have a closer look at the mysql.log on your host. Also, try to get the complete sql command, which triggers this issue and then run it from the cli mysql client - this should reveal the issue the DB is facing.

I`m using a shared webspace so no access to mysql.log…I think

If you’re not able to check the database settings on your own, you should contact the site administrator and ask him for help.

Hmm… there is that app, that has specifically been developed for such instances. It provides a browser based terminal - maybe its worth a shot.

Yes, it is called occ web and I use it from time to time to do a file rescan. But how to use it for my case?

Dunno… actually…, but I thought, that you’d get a terminal to our instance. If your db is MySQL, just try to run mysql from the terminal:

mysql -u <user from config.php> --password <password from config.php -h 127.0.0.1

if you get in, you can run any sql command against the database…

This will not work, occ web only accepts nextcloud occ commands no commands for the server it is installed on

Well… then you’ll need to get support from your hoster.