Update to 29.0.0 beta 5 failing with database error

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Some useful links to gather information about your Nextcloud Talk installation:
Information about Signaling server: /index.php/index.php/settings/admin/talk#signaling_server
Information about TURN server: /index.php/settings/admin/talk#turn_server
Information about STUN server: /index.php/settings/admin/talk#stun_server

The issue you are facing: I am trying to setup local development of Spreed (Talk) and as soon as I start the server, it asks me to update to newer version which is 29.0.0 beta 5, however the update fails with a database error. See below:

Exception: Database error when running migration 2001Date20180103144447 for app spreedtest Column “oc_talk_participants”.“in_call” is type Bool and also NotNull, so it can not store “false”.

Detailed logs
Preparing update

Set log level to debug

Turned on maintenance mode
Repair step: Repair MySQL collation
Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation → nothing to do
Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud
Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud

Updating database schema

Updated database

Repair step: Repair MySQL collation
Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation → nothing to do
Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud
Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud
Repair step: Fix the namespace in database tables
Exception: Database error when running migration 2001Date20180103144447 for app spreedtest Column “oc_talk_participants”.“in_call” is type Bool and also NotNull, so it can not store “false”.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Update Spreed to 29.0.0 beta 5

I think somehow the update is trying to fill in this new column with false, however being a boolean, it expects 0 instead.

Can someone help how can I fix/workaround this?

Hey, check out this issue: "Database error when running migration for app spreed" while enabling talk ¡ Issue #9890 ¡ nextcloud/spreed ¡ GitHub

great, I will have a look.
Thank you very much for the swift reply.