Update to 28.0.3 or 28.0.4 not working

I am using nextcloud without any major problems on my home server without any problems since many years. (even before as it was owncloud)

I am using a reverse proxy to route the traffic to my home server and my nextcloud is running in a subfolder of my domain (/cloud)

Therfore I have set the overwrite variables in the config.php.
When updating to 28.0.3 or .4 it seems to work fine, but when I open the page I get redirected to my main page. (error 302)

When I copy back the version 28.0.2 everything works fine again. So I do not think it’s the reverse proxy.

Any idea what was changed in the latest versions? Any new parameter?

Thank’s for any advice

Hi gpHerbie:

I have a similar arrangement and have used Owncloud at first, then switched to Nextcloud after they separated a few years ago….lol……

Presently, in order to get Nextcloud 28.0.4.1 to function correctly on my home Ubuntu 22.04 server, I did the following:

1. Made a copy of Nexcloud 28.0.3.2 programs folders.

2. Updated Nextcloud 28.0.3.2 to Nextcloud 28.0.4.1 using the terminal procedures.

3. After updating checked my Web Browser and received and Internal Error Message!

This seemed very weird….rofl…

1. Googled Internal error message with Nextcloud 28.0.4.1

2. Discovered Nextcloud changed some internal files in lib/private folder.

3. I changed the name of the private folder to private.bak

4. Copied Nextcloud 28.0.3.2 private folder into Nextcloud 28.0.4.1 lib folder.

5. All issues resolved. No more Internal Error message.

6. Nextcloud 28.0.4.1 is functioning correctly in my web browser……

I’m not a programmer, however the changes made did not function correctly, and this was how I was able to update to the latest stable version of Nextcloud 28.0.4.1

I hope this may assist you with an answer to your issues too!

Respectfully,

jp.lee88

Thank you

I will try next time. Usually I avoid to mix program folders as it might have unforeseeable consequences in future updates.

After updating checked my Web Browser and received and Internal Error Message!

This is just a generic error message. What was the specific error logged in your nextcloud.log?

Copied Nextcloud 28.0.3.2 private folder into Nextcloud 28.0.4.1 lib folder.

I’m glad you got things working in your situation, but this should not be general advice.

Something else is going on if this happens.

Can you elaborate? A 302 HTTP code is not an error. Where are you seeing this?

I see the 302, when checking the network traffic in the browser. (F12)
When I want to open my nextcloud I get redirected to my main page. No change on my reverse proxy and NC 28.0.2 is working fine. So some module causes NC to redirect me after upgrade. When I copy back the backup of 28.0.2 it also works again. No change in reverse proxy or NC config.