Update Problem 12.0.0 ---> 12.0.3

My Cloud instance runs on the 1und1 webhosting service!

Initiating the update process was no problem. However arriving at the step Extracting the following error message appeared:

Extracting
Parsing response failed. <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"> <style type="text/css"> html, body, #partner, iframe { height:100%; width:100%; margin:0; padding:0; border:0; outline:0; font-size:100%; vertical-align:baseline; background:transparent; } body { overflow:hidden; } </style> <meta content="NOW" name="expires"> <meta content="index, follow, all" name="GOOGLEBOT"> <meta content="index, follow, all" name="robots"> <!-- Following Meta-Tag fixes scaling-issues on mobile devices --> <meta content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;" name="viewport"> </head> <body> <div id="partner"></div> <script type="text/javascript"> document.write( '<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"' + 'src="//sedoparking.com/frmpark/' + window.location.host + '/' + '1und1parking6' + '/park.js">' + '<\/script>' ); </script> </body> </html>

Since then, more the 1 Hour the server remains in maintenance mode!

Each update - minor or major - is ALWAYS a MAJOR headache!

Regards, Hitam4450

Looks like a similar issue as reported here:

Follow @tflidd’s advice.

ref: Update 12.0.0 -->12.0.3 fails on 1und1 Webhosting · Issue #143 · nextcloud/updater · GitHub

Just a quick question for the dummy users like me:

do the reported problems with updating to 12.0.3 suggest a) waiting with the update alltogether or b) just update manually by deleting everything except /data and replace it with new 12.0.3 files? thanks.

Entirely up to you. I updated my installs without errors. As long as you backup before you attempt anything you’ll be able to restore and should therefore be fine.