Update NextCloud 23.0.0 to 23.0.1

Hello,

I just received an email saying that my NextCloud instance can be updated to version 23.0.1 but when I go to the settings it says that I have the latest version but I am in 23.0.0.
How to solve this problem ?

1 Like

I am in PHP 8.0.15

Same here: When I log onto to Nextcloud as admin, I receive the notification, but then it’s not yet available. Same occurs for me on several Nextclouds on different servers.

probably 23.0.1 was withdrawn to first fix the issues.
I do see in the github issues that 23.0.1 did create synching issues with the desktop client and that the bug was confirmed.

At the Moment 23.0.1 RC3 seems to be the actual NC23 release…

1 Like

Nextcloud 23.0.1 is already packaged and ready for download. Index of /server/releases. It can’t and shouldn’t be withdrawn anymore, because it is possible that people already have it installed, either through a fresh install or a manual upgrade. What they can do, is hold it back, respectively not to push it out via the update function. But any additional fixes and changes would have to be released as 23.0.2, otherwise two different 23.0.1 versions would exist, which would not be good :wink:

1 Like

with “withdrawn” I meant that it is no longer available for the update process inside Nextcloud.
It it also not available on the Nextloud website under "Get Nextcloud → Server packages and nothing is mentioned on the changelog page.

I also got the message inside our self hosted nextcloud instance yesterday and I do see in the github issues that people did the update and then had the issues. I do also see that there had been another issue with collabora online after the update but there the people found at least a workaround.

So let’s just wait and see when probably release 23.0.2 will be available.

3 Likes

I checked yesterday and it said the 23.0.1 update was available (stable channel), updated fine, only thing I had to do was to fix indicies, “sudo php /var/www/nextcloud/occ db:add-missing-indices” all been running fine since, windows sync on 3 machines all good so far, im guessing the update was pulled since, I do have a full image backup from previous, but have had no reason or need to roll back. ( i dont use collabra if that was an issue)

1 Like

The specific issue with the Buil-in Collabora server does exist since the release of 23.0.0, respective the rebranding to Nextcloud Office.

Otherwise I don’t know why they stopped pushing it. I indstalled it yesterday on my server (Upgrade from 22.2.3) and have no issues so far… But I only host a small instance for personal use and cannot speak for larger installtions… I also never had issues with the desktop client. But again, I do not use Virtual files and I do not use Windows. :wink:

Yup. same for me. :slight_smile: Upgraded from 22.2.3 through the “beta” channel though.

Same for me. I only saw the update message once. Then I closed the browser because I didn’t have time to upgrade, and now I don’t see it anymore. My Nextcloud is installed in a straight ubuntu 20, and so php 7.4.

You either can wait until they push it again (or maybe they go straight to 23.0.2) or you can upgrade manually. But even if I and others here have no issues after the upgrade, that doesen’t necessarily apply to you. So if you don’t expirience any major issues now, and aren’t willing to experiment, I would at least wait until we know why they stoped pushing the upgrade…

I have this error:
Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user id: 0
Owner id of config.php: 33
Try adding ‘sudo -u #33’ to the beginning of the command (without the single quotes)
If running with ‘docker exec’ try adding the option ‘-u 33’ to the docker command (without the single quotes)

Unfortunately I updated to 23.0.1 and I can confirm problems with the desktop client. Just open and close the file and a conflicted copy will be created. Is it a good idea to rollback to version 23.0.0?

@s90570 it’s not recommended to roll back … but if you have a backup of your server you can restore it ( make sure to backup your data if something goes wrong ).