Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 21.0.7.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.41
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.3

The issue you are facing:

When i try to Update Nextcloud i get the Error:

Updating <user_ldap> ...
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Error: Call to undefined method OC\DB\QueryBuilder\QueryBuilder::executeQuery() in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Migration/GroupMappingMigration.php:56
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Migration/Version1130Date20220110154717.php(54): OCA\User_LDAP\Migration\GroupMappingMigration->copyGroupMappingData()
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php(528): OCA\User_LDAP\Migration\Version1130Date20220110154717->preSchemaChange()
#2 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/MigrationService.php(426): OC\DB\MigrationService->executeStep()
#3 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php(1012): OC\DB\MigrationService->migrate()
#4 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(347): OC_App::updateApp()
#5 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(262): OC\Updater->doAppUpgrade()
#6 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Updater.php(134): OC\Updater->doUpgrade()
#7 /var/www/nextcloud/core/Command/Upgrade.php(249): OC\Updater->upgrade()
#8 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(255): OC\Core\Command\Upgrade->execute()
#9 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(1009): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#10 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(273): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#11 /var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/symfony/console/Application.php(149): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#12 /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php(215): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#13 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(100): OC\Console\Application->run()
#14 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once('/var/www/nextcl...')

EDIT: Did the Manual Upgrade to 22.2.3, that was my solution.

Hello!
Has the same error when update from 21.0.7.0 to 21.0.8.0

let me know if you find any solution to the issue, i haven’t been lucky so far.

Did you update manually?

I tried to updated via commandline, which doesn’t work, i get the error above.

Same problem here with update from command line vom 21.0.7 to 21.0.8.

I’ve opened an Issue on GitHub: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/30944

1 Like

Thanks for opening a Github issue, lets keep this thread alive if possible as i’m sure others will have the same issue.

Hi. Tried this:

• from cli disabled user_ldap-App
  • finished upgrade via cli and exited maintenance mode
  • vi to updater.log and search for the folder the updater stored the files of 21.0.7
  • tar inside the apps-folder of the backup the old user_ldap-files and move the archive to the current folder and untar it (copy is also a solution ;-))
  • check the ownership
  • enable user_ldap again → worked til here

While trying to login as a normal user I got a message about too many requests so I added the private networks (10, 172.16, 192.168) at the brute force settings and it worked.
Tried a login with a wrong password → denied

Possible workaround?

Greetings,
Klaus