Initiating the update via the web updater caused my Nextcloud server to stop working. I receive the message “Update in process.” on every page and don’t know how to proceed from there.
Things I’ve tried:
- setting the ‘maintenance’ => false ----> was already at false, so couldn’t change
- running the update via ssh & occ ----> didn’t work, considered https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?t=30559 due to the environment (domainfactory), don’t even see anything named occ in the owncloud folder (updated from owncloud to nextcloud some releases ago)
Don’t know what more information to provide so please request whatever you think can help to solve this issue - thanks!
Some additional remarks:
- remember the (web-) update failing with a timeout issue
- Found occ in the backup subfolder structure where the new installation files are unzipped but execution returns that NC is not installed for obvious reasons to me as these are just the unzipped files
- Found out that my PHP version was too low with 5.6 and updated to 7.2
more additional remarks:
- renamed old update directory (following Update wird nicht richtig abgeschlossen) and executed php7-70STABLE-CLI updater/updater.phar
- received error during Step 7: PHP Warning: require(…/owncloud/updater/…/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in phar:///…/owncloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 623
PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘…/owncloud/updater/…/version.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in phar:///…/owncloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 623