Update issue: 13.0.1.1 to 14.0.8 (domainfactory)

Initiating the update via the web updater caused my Nextcloud server to stop working. I receive the message ā€œUpdate in process.ā€ on every page and donā€™t know how to proceed from there.

Things Iā€™ve tried:

• setting the ā€˜maintenanceā€™ => false ----> was already at false, so couldnā€™t change
  • running the update via ssh & occ ----> didnā€™t work, considered https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?t=30559 due to the environment (domainfactory), donā€™t even see anything named occ in the owncloud folder (updated from owncloud to nextcloud some releases ago)

Donā€™t know what more information to provide so please request whatever you think can help to solve this issue - thanks!

Some additional remarks:

• remember the (web-) update failing with a timeout issue
  • Found occ in the backup subfolder structure where the new installation files are unzipped but execution returns that NC is not installed for obvious reasons to me as these are just the unzipped files
  • Found out that my PHP version was too low with 5.6 and updated to 7.2

more additional remarks:

• renamed old update directory (following Update wird nicht richtig abgeschlossen) and executed php7-70STABLE-CLI updater/updater.phar
  • received error during Step 7: PHP Warning: require(ā€¦/owncloud/updater/ā€¦/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in phar:///ā€¦/owncloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 623
    PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ā€˜ā€¦/owncloud/updater/ā€¦/version.phpā€™ (include_path=ā€™.:/usr/local/lib/phpā€™) in phar:///ā€¦/owncloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 623

Hello,

I donā€™t no what you mean.

Try the following:
Under ā€œnextcloud/data/ā€ there is a directory called ā€œupdater-ā€.
Rename the directory to ā€œupdater-_oldā€ and try the Webupdate again.

Tom

Thanks, I resolved the issue in the meantime based on renaming of the old updater-ā€¦ directory, some moving over of files and executing occ upgrade.
Now I even could update successfully to 15.0.5 via the web updater.