Update from NC23 to NC24: [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB

I updated my docker-compose installation with

docker-compose pull; docker-compose up

after that upgrade the database is not working any more with those errors:

[Note] [Entrypoint]: Entrypoint script for MariaDB Server 1:10.8.3+maria~jammy started.                                                                                                          
[Note] [Entrypoint]: Switching to dedicated user 'mysql'
[Note] [Entrypoint]: Entrypoint script for MariaDB Server 1:10.8.3+maria~jammy started.                                                                                                          
[Note] [Entrypoint]: MariaDB upgrade (mariadb-upgrade) required, but skipped due to $MARIADB_AUTO_UPGRADE setting                                                                                
[Note] Using unique option prefix 'key_buffer' is error-prone and can break in the future. Please use the full name 'key_buffer_size' instead.                                                       
[Note] mariadbd (server 10.8.3-MariaDB-1:10.8.3+maria~jammy-log) starting as process 1 ...                                                                                                           
[Warning] You need to use --log-bin to make --binlog-format work.
[Note] InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.11
[Note] InnoDB: Number of transaction pools: 1
[Note] InnoDB: Using crc32 + pclmulqdq instructions
[Warning] mariadbd: io_uring_queue_init() failed with ENOSYS: check seccomp filters, and the kernel version (newer than 5.1 required)                                                                
[Warning] InnoDB: liburing disabled: falling back to innodb_use_native_aio=OFF
[Note] InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, total size = 128.000MiB, chunk size = 2.000MiB                                                                                                              
[Note] InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
[ERROR] InnoDB: File ./ib_logfile0 was not found
[ERROR] InnoDB: Plugin initialization aborted with error Generic error
[Note] InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
[ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
[ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE failed.
[Note] Plugin 'FEEDBACK' is disabled.
[Warning] 'innodb-buffer-pool-instances' was removed. It does nothing now and exists only for compatibility with old my.cnf files.                                                                   
[Warning] 'innodb-large-prefix' was removed. It does nothing now and exists only for compatibility with old my.cnf files.                                                                            
[Warning] 'innodb-file-format' was removed. It does nothing now and exists only for compatibility with old my.cnf files.                                                                             
[Warning] 'default-authentication-plugin' is MySQL 5.6 / 5.7 compatible option. To be implemented in later versions.                                                                                 
[ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
[ERROR] Aborting

This is my docker file:

version: '3'

services:
  db:
    image: mariadb
    command: --transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED --binlog-format=ROW --skip-innodb-read-only-compressed --innodb_read_only_compressed=OFF
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - /var/kunden/docker/nc/volumes/mysql:/var/lib/mysql
      - /var/kunden/docker/nc/myconfig.cnf:/etc/mysql/conf.d/myconfig.cnf:ro
    environment:
      - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=***
      - MYSQL_PASSWORD=***
      - MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud
      - MYSQL_USER=nextcloud
  app:
    image: nextcloud:24
    build:
      context: .
      dockerfile: Dockerfile
    ports:
      - 8085:80
    links:
      - db
    volumes:
      - /var/kunden/docker/nc/volumes/html:/var/www/html
    restart: always
1 Like

I encountered the same error. I’m very curious to the solution of this (what’s to be corrected in mariadb?)

I fixed the issue, using image: mariadb:10.7.4 this made the database engine work again.

2 Likes

strange, pinning mariadb to 10.7.4 worked for me too.

I tried 10.8.2 and 10.8.3 before and got the errors.

Other instances run fine with mariadb 10.9.3 right now. they had the same updatepath like the instance with the bug