Upcoming changes in dependencies (NC/Vue/Dialogs)

Hey @susnux,
I remember you said something that the upcoming NC 28 will have some breaking changes so a new @nextcloud/vue library (version 8) will be needed. Is this correct?

Does this also affect the @nextcloud/dialogs dependency we discussed recently? I am having trouble with inconsistent behavior and I wanted to make sure, I got it right.

Thanks
Christian

Hey,

I remember you said something that the upcoming NC 28 will have some breaking changes so a new @nextcloud/vue library (version 8) will be needed. Is this correct?

Nextcloud 28 will be based on @nextcloud/vue version 8, the new version has some (visual) breaking changes so for a consistent look we strongly recommend to upgrade your app to @nextcloud/vue version 8.

Generally we included many bug fixes, as well as some new components (like NcDateTime to display time stamps). But the major changes are many accessibility improvements which changed the visual appearance of the components, so that if you do not update your app probably look a

Does this also affect the @nextcloud/dialogs dependency we discussed recently? I am having trouble with inconsistent behavior and I wanted to make sure, I got it right.

The dialogs packages now contains the filepicker which is based on the vue components library,
meaning 4.2+ will require @nextcloud/vue 7.12+. While the @nextcloud/dialogs 5.x package is based on @nextcloud/vue 8.x.
Moreover @nextcloud/dialogs 5 will use the new files API which will be introduced with Nextcloud 28, so:

Use @nextcloud/dialogs 4.2+, if you target Nextcloud 27 or older.
Use @nextcloud/dialogs 5.0+, if you target Nextcloud 28+.

Cheers,
Ferdinand

1 Like

I tried on Saturday to migrate the cookbook from the legacy OC to the dialogs package. A bit back and forth and I had something running with the stable 27 version. On the master branch the fix did not work as intended. I will have to publish this debug version to git, so it makes not yet sense to have a look there.

I installed with stable 27 the Vue package version 7 and dialogs version 4. When I keep everything but go to master, I get errors in the den console of the browser plus a complete destroyed file picker. I have to test with Vue version 8 and dialogs 5. Maybe you can have a short look on the usage as there is still a warning in the logs?