Univention install - Trusted domains

I’m trying to add some trusted domains to my fresh install of univention nextcloud.

Ive searched everywhere and couldnt find the config.php file
Ive checked both of these locations and found nothing. also I manually looked around a bunch including a search and came up with nothing
/var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/nextcloud/conf/config/config.php /var/www/html/config/config.php

Wondering if anyone has any ideas. or maybe this is editable in the gui.

I tried the Univention appliance briefly and very quickly determined I really disliked it. I dumped that and learned docker instead and have been pleased with the results. You may want to consider doing the same.

@goardge how did you done the installation of your Nextcloud? I suspect that you didn’t follow the “manual way” (looking the file paths you wrote in your message).

I don’t agree with @KarlF12. My experience is the opposite: i first did the installation from snap and it’s true that it was quite more easy and fast. BUUUUUT, when i tried to install an SSL certificate to use Nextcloud with https:// it was really a pain!

So i finally used the manual & traditional way: apache, virtual host, maria db, php and browser wizard. It was less fast but i’m now a very happy Nextcloud user. Even i installed OnlyOffice in a second VPS (also “manually”), and the integration with Nextcloud was easy and perfect.

I actually did the manual installation from zip after getting frustrated with the snap version but ended up moving to docker anyway because I could not get Collabora to work any other way.

I have to say with docker-compose it is really easy to work with if you have it set up right. I updated it from 16.0.1 to 16.0.3 earlier. All I had to was re-pull the docker images and run docker-compose down/up.

@KarlF12 Maybe the Nextcloud VM is something for you? Everything like that is taken care of.

At least its worth a try. :slight_smile:

@enoch85 I tried the Univention VM and did not like it at all, and how to install Collabora CODE on it was unclear. The free version of the other official VM is too small to be useful.

I actually do run as a virtual machine, but one I set up myself. Some companies such as Zabbix make appliances that are okay for demos but not suitable for production. I find it’s often better to set it up yourself on a district you already know.