Unhealthy docker container or replaced google Fiber router: Now can't connect to my cloud

I am running a Nextcloud server on an old desktop in my apartment for the last few years.

Today I noticed that my laptop wasn’t connecting and syncing to my Nextcloud server.

My ISP is Google Fiber. I recently was instructed by Google to replace my router with a new one they shipped me. I simply unplugged the old one and plugged in the new one and everything was instantly working, all my old settings and port forwarding settings appear to be intact, but maybe this is the cause of it? If it isn’t I’m not sure how to diagnose the problem otherwise.

When I run “docker container list” to see if the docker is running it appears to be. Though it says “unhealthy”. Not sure what that means?

└─➤ sudo !!
sudo docker container list
[sudo] password for aslan: 
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                 COMMAND                  CREATED        STATUS                   PORTS                                                                                                                               NAMES
e1a82d45c5e3   nextcloud/aio-apache:latest           "/start.sh /usr/bin/…"   8 weeks ago    Up 2 weeks (unhealthy)   80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:443->443/tcp, 0.0.0.0:443->443/udp, :::443->443/tcp, :::443->443/udp                                                nextcloud-aio-apache
218e10a2596a   nextcloud/aio-notify-push:latest      "/start.sh"              8 weeks ago    Up 2 weeks (healthy)                                                                                                                                         nextcloud-aio-notify-push
43a76c5f6ca4   nextcloud/aio-nextcloud:latest        "/start.sh /usr/bin/…"   8 weeks ago    Up 2 weeks (healthy)     9000/tcp                                                                                                                            nextcloud-aio-nextcloud
581f66f1c762   nextcloud/aio-imaginary:latest        "imaginary -return-s…"   8 weeks ago    Up 2 weeks (healthy)                                                                                                                                         nextcloud-aio-imaginary
be3df65415c5   nextcloud/aio-fulltextsearch:latest   "/bin/tini -- /usr/l…"   8 weeks ago    Up 2 weeks (healthy)     9200/tcp, 9300/tcp                                                                                                                  nextcloud-aio-fulltextsearch
55207a1ce98e   nextcloud/aio-redis:latest            "/start.sh"              8 weeks ago    Up 2 weeks (healthy)     6379/tcp                                                                                                                            nextcloud-aio-redis
dabdcc0c9192   nextcloud/aio-postgresql:latest       "/start.sh"              8 weeks ago    Up 2 weeks (healthy)     5432/tcp                                                                                                                            nextcloud-aio-database
934b9a5fa1d5   nextcloud/aio-talk:latest             "/start.sh superviso…"   8 weeks ago    Up 2 weeks (unhealthy)   0.0.0.0:3478->3478/tcp, 0.0.0.0:3478->3478/udp, :::3478->3478/tcp, :::3478->3478/udp                                                nextcloud-aio-talk
7ce86372fe20   nextcloud/aio-collabora:latest        "/start-collabora-on…"   8 weeks ago    Up 2 weeks (healthy)     9980/tcp                                                                                                                            nextcloud-aio-collabora
1691ea0f743e   nextcloud/all-in-one:latest           "/start.sh"              2 months ago   Up 2 weeks (healthy)     0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp, :::80->80/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8080->8080/tcp, :::8080->8080/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8443->8443/tcp, :::8443->8443/tcp, 9000/tcp   nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer

Hi @thedonquixotic ,

The health of your docker container probably has more to do with the old hardware you are using then your router. The docker containers don’t know anything about your new router.

Sebastian

I don’t think it’s the hardware. When I said “old hardware” I forgot that I’d actually replaced the mobo and cpu a few years ago after a mobo failure. It’s mostly new hardware except for a 10 year old 960 gpu and the hdd.

Any ideas on how I could diagnose this problem further. No other issues with this new router. Everything else in my life has gone along with the router change no problems. Hue hub didn’t have any issues, nest didn’t have any issues. Only my Nextcloud server is giving me issues.

So probably not router, but then what?

You can start by checking your Docker container logs for those unhealthy containers.