Unexpected error during account creation

Unexpected error during account creation

snap 17.0.5 on ubuntu 18.04

I’ve tried different accounts, none is working, any ideas? is it a bug?

have you checked your logs?

I do have this problem too

and have you checked your logs?

1 Like

I cannot get TLS to work either (“imaps TLS negotiation failed” and exim says ((gnutls_handshake): A TLS fatal alert has been receive" )

I can get imap to work (login seems to work), if I just disable TLS (local network at home so no big deal)
but turning off TLS on mail delivery (SMTP setting) doesn’t work, TLS error, see above.
Even if I just want to relay to local gateway without password and user and no encryption needed.

(Rainloop nextcloud-app works and roundcoube server as well (all without TLS). Maybe I have to import my self-signed certs somewhere, but I haven’t succeed up to now. :slight_smile: )

See https://github.com/nextcloud/mail/releases/tag/v1.1.4 for how you can disable TLS verification. It might work then. You could try to import your cert into the system in the hopes that php’s openssl will pick it up. But I don’t have any experience with that.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
I had a short look into that direction already but didn’t succeed. But if that is the only way I will do that.
Probably smtp will work as well then.

But I am still wondering why “no TLS/SSL, no user, no pass doesn’t work.” (Mail-App still wants to initiate a TLS/SSL connection it seems.)

I’m using SNAP on ubuntu 18.04
How can I set app.mail.verify-tls-peer to false in config.php ? (this may solve the issue?)
Is there a command or may I edit a writable configuration file?
Thanks

Is there a specific LOG file for mail on SNAP?

The Nextcloud mail app offers an extensive logging system to make it easier identifying and tracking down bugs. Please enable debug mode and set the log level to debug in your admin settings. Then, try to reproduce your issue and take another look at data/nextcloud.log, data/horde_imap.log and data/horde_smtp.log.

When turn on SSL on IMAP I get:

Fri, 24 Apr 2020 12:34:11 +0000
Connection to: imap://192.168.1.2:993/
Connection failed: Error connecting to server.
Connection failed: Error connecting to server.

And If I turn on TLS on smtp I get:

Fri, 24 Apr 2020 12:37:04 +0000
Connection to: smtp://192.168.1.2:25
S: 220 imap.Domain ESMTP Exim Fri, 24 Apr 2020 14:37:56 +0200
C: EHLO nextcloudhost.domain
S: 250-imap.domain Hello xxx.xxx.xxx [192.168.1.5]
S: 250-SIZE 52428800
S: 250-8BITMIME
S: 250-PIPELINING
S: 250-CHUNKING
S: 250-STARTTLS
S: 250-PRDR
S: 250 HELP
C: STARTTLS
S: 220 TLS go ahead
C: QUIT

But still I cannot relay without a password

(BTW, I just updated to NC 18.4)

I just tried with gmail: I get: (checked the password. The PW is korrect)

C: 2 LOGOUT
S: * BYE LOGOUT received
S: 2 OK Completed

Command 2 took 0.0012 seconds.

Fri, 24 Apr 2020 12:44:40 +0000
Connection to: imap://imap.gmail.com:993/
Server connection took 0.2121 seconds.
S: * OK Gimap ready for requests from 91.64.93.37 t6mb268513830wmb
C: 1 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA ID XLIST CHILDREN X-GM-EXT-1 XYZZY SASL-IR AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN AUTH=OAUTHBEARER AUTH=XOAUTH
S: 1 OK Thats all she wrote! t6mb268513830wmb
Command 1 took 0.0276 seconds.
C: 2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN [INITIAL CLIENT RESPONSE (username: xxxx@gmail.com)]
S: 2 NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)

The app always authenticates. Use your username and password to connect. It won’t work without.

And see See https://github.com/nextcloud/mail/releases/tag/v1.1.4 if you have problems with TLS.

Seguite attentamente questa guida