Unable to use sendinblue smtp

I am trying to configure an email server for a new nextcloud install.

When I try to send a test email, I get the following;

Maybe it’s an issue with my configuration, I have no idea. I couldn’t find any sendinblue configuration recommendation

You can login into the mailserver and find out why it don’t want let you connect.

Meanwhile you can also use localhost on port 25 without authentification and credentials as mailserver.

This is on a VPS installation. How would I log into it?

Didn’t your provider gave you credentials for that?

My provider is sendinblue and I used them before with other applications. Perhaps my config is messed up or something is missing. Seems specific to nextcloud

SSL/TLS is normally used on port 465. Try changing the encryption method from SSL/TLS to STARTTLS, if you are using port 587.

I still get a connection timeout, perhaps it’s something with an SMTP plugin?

You can telnet to the mailserver and speak SMTP to it to find it out.

why not asking sendinblue for how to proceed here?

I have an open ticket with them but I thought I had to do something special on nextcloud side, I am running nextcloud on snap and thought something may be missing.

afaik NC has implemented standard(s) only. So if you have tried all configs and nothing , the problem might be on your emailserver’s side.
I tried to find some sendinblue standard-configurations but… well… in vain. Usually emailproviders propagate their standards. I wonder why sendinblue does not. Maybe it’s because of their special setup?

Whereas snap could really mean something different in some cases… but usually it should work in this case, though.
BTW: I moved your topic to referring subcategory.

Well I guess the issue was not Nextcloud or Sendbinblue… the host disabled SMTP traffic all together and through a ticket they enabled it. I remember having to do something special with Nextcloud in the past with SMTP, that’s why I was wondering, but it was the host just blocking it. I guess that’s common because I tried with Linode, same thing.

1 Like