Unable to update/reinstall Polls App

Hi there,

i’ve been unable to update the polls app for the last few month during updates. Every time i update Nextcloud i try to update Polls (or remove/install), but there seems to be an issue with some (or “the”) polls table.

Database error when running migration 030400Date20211125120000 for app polls
An exception occurred while executing a query:
SQLSTATE[23505]:
Unique violation: 7
ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint “uniq_votes”
DETAIL: Key (poll_id, user_id, vote_option_text)=(8, xenomat, 2021-08-27T22:00:00+00:00 - 2021-08-28T22:00:00+00:00) already exists.

I’m not sure why the migration process is trying to duplicate an entry, but does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Can’t i just clear or empty the Polls table if i don’t need it? Or maybe fix it, i don’t even remember which polls we had running because i wasn’t able to use the app for at least half a year. I don’t understand why uninstalling the Polls app doesn’t give the option to clear the data.
I mean i can try to delete this one vote, but not sure if there is a bigger underlying problem with some kind of change in the keys/indexes or whatever. Thanks!

Update: Ok it seems to be in the table oc_polls_votes. Maybe i clear all my votes for the affected poll… not sure if this will help or if there just will be another issue or error after that.

Cheers,
xenomat

Just drop all oc_polls_* tables and reinstall the app. Or remove all duplicates reported manually.

What happens: the migrations tries to add a unique index, but fails due to duplicated entries (an old bug in a prior version).

But interesting at all, since there is a repair step before the migration, which should remove duplicate entries and prevent that error.

1 Like

You can expect better and faster reactions to this kind of errors, when reporting them in the github repo.