Unable to sync Deck on initial setup (Android client)

Hi all.

I’m finding that I cannot initialize Deck on my newly installed devices. Older Deck installations can sync fine.

On the server side, this is the error that I get.

Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1226] User 'u968548992_EwbzM' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 15)

On the Android client, there are a bunch of error pages. But this is the last one that shows

Full Crash:

App Version: 1.20.0
App Version Code: 1020000
App Flavor: fdroid

Files App Version Code: 30190190

---

OS Version: 4.14.193(20211117)
OS API Level: 30
Device: Smile_1
Manufacturer: Alldocube
Model (and Product): T803 (Smile_1)

---

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can not perform this action after onSaveInstanceState
	at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManager.checkStateLoss(FragmentManager.java:1844)
	at androidx.fragment.app.FragmentManager.enqueueAction(FragmentManager.java:1884)
	at androidx.fragment.app.BackStackRecord.commitInternal(BackStackRecord.java:329)
	at androidx.fragment.app.BackStackRecord.commit(BackStackRecord.java:294)
	at androidx.fragment.app.DialogFragment.show(DialogFragment.java:260)
	at it.niedermann.nextcloud.deck.ui.ImportAccountActivity$1$1$1$1.lambda$onError$0$it-niedermann-nextcloud-deck-ui-ImportAccountActivity$1$1$1$1(ImportAccountActivity.java:149)
	at it.niedermann.nextcloud.deck.ui.ImportAccountActivity$1$1$1$1$$ExternalSyntheticLambda0.run(Unknown Source:6)
	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7945)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:603)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)

Hello @dominiquec and welcome to the community support forum :wave:

Unfortunately there is no reliable quick fix available except clearing the storage of the Deck Android app and reimporting your account as described in our FAQ repeatedly until it works.

The issue is caused by a concurrency problem, we think we already have a solution for it in the pipeline (which will still take some time though until it lands on F-Droid and at the Play Store).

Since we’ll keep track of the issue in SSO Download Error & FOREIGN KEY constraint failed · Issue #1254 · stefan-niedermann/nextcloud-deck · GitHub I’ll mark this question as answered, since there won’t be anything lect that can be handeled here at the community support forum.

Sorry for the late reply and have a nice week,

Stefan

Thank you, Stefan! For a moment I was doubting whether the problem was with my NextCloud host and if I had posted a really simple question with an obvious answer.

Strangely enough, I got it to work by (1) adding another NextCloud host to Deck and syncing; the sync got through but was incomplete – lists were present but cards were not. Then I had to (2) add some dummy cards to the lists, and voila! the other cards showed up.

Thanks, too, for a really useful piece of software!