Unable to share passwords in NC28

I have not shared a password for some time (definitely not on NC 28). However, I do have some shared passwords with other users; i.e., sharing worked in the past.

Now, I wanted to share another password with some other user. This cannot be done and the following error message appears: “Unable to share password: CSE type does not support sharing”. It does not matter whether I attempt to share an old password or a password I just created. In fact, I am not able to share any password (except the passwords that are already shared).

I am running Nextcloud 28.0.3 and passwords 2024.2.20.

This seems to be a bug in the current version. It should be fixe with the next update.

As a workaround, you can open the edit the password and select server side encryption in the edit dialog (field is in the left bottom). Then you can share the password.

1 Like

@summit
Perhaps not the solution to your problem. But you can transmit individual secrets (e.g. passwords) to third parties via the Secrets app. The secrets are deleted after the first call (burn after reading). You can further secure the secret with an additional password (not the same password more a transport password :wink: ) for the transmission if someone else calls up the link beforehand. But that is very unlikely. And if it is, it will be recognized because the link no longer exists.

Your secret is stored end-to-end encrypted on the server. It can only be decrypted by someone who has been given the link. Once retrieved successfully, the secret will be deleted on the server

I can confirm, the workaround allows me to share passwords. Thank you!

1 Like