Unable to login via browser past server reboot

Hi

I have a NC11 install and past a reboot of the server, no user is able to log into nextcloud via the web browser. Also I am notice that the desktop app is returning internal server errors on some of the files.

How can I troubleshoot this

Sounds like your server is no longer available.
You need to check if the server is reachable (ping) and if the web service is up and running (and listening on the usual ports).
Depending on the reason for the reboot, there might have gone something wrong. Software updates that now causes problems, Filesystem errors that prevent mounting them … too many options.
Just check the server logs.

@Schmu I still have SSH access to the server and Apache is still up and running seems that nextcloud is down. How can I troubleshoot this?

1 Like

Again, check the logs :wink:
In the data directory of Nextcloud is the nextcloud.log
Furthermore the web server logs might be helpful in case there are problems with file access or I don’t know what else.

@Schmu from the server logs, it looks like MySQL called it a day…

apparmor is triggering the shutdown

Jan 24 12:20:56 CLD02 kernel: audit: type=1400 audit(1516792856.769:217): apparmor="DENIED" operation="open" profile="/usr/sbin/mysqld" name="/proc/7854/status" pid=7854 comm="mysqld" requested_mask="r" denied_mask="r" fsuid=111 ouid=111
Jan 24 12:20:57 CLD02 systemd[1]: mysql.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

solved this by removing old dependencies from the server with a simple sudo apt auto-remove

1 Like