Unable to change release channel on snap installation

Nextcloud version: 16.05
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 18.04 Server LTS
Apache or nginx version: Apache 2.4.25
PHP version: 7.1

The issue you are facing: I can’t find a way to update from 16.0.5 to 17.0.0 and can’t change the release update channel

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? Y:

Steps to replicate it: Install nextcloud via snap on ubuntu server 18.04 Server LTS and go to the overview tab in the web GUI

Edit, when running sudo nextcloud.occ update in terminal, I get Nextcloud is already latest version

hey @DanGamingTV

welcome to the forum. and thanks for your firstever comment here :wink:

afaik snap comes with some advantages and at the same time with some disadvantages.
one of the advantages is that you don’t need to spend time with setting up this whole stuff around nextcloud and nextcloud, itself. someone else (aka snap-maintainer) took care about that for you, using that snap.
which - on the other hand - means you won’t be able to adjust much yourself. like: upgrading nc-server. because someone else (aka snap-maintainer) takes care about that as well.

so it might take a while until you’ll be upgraded to the newest version. but if that happens it should take place without you needing to do something…

(well as i’m not running snap myself i can only speak in theory… )

happy nc’ing, though
jimmy

In the Wiki of nextcloud-snap on GitHub you can learn more about the different release channels of nextcloud-snap and how to upgrade: