Umlauts are displayed incorrectly after a system move

Hi there,
I have moved the cloud to another system now I have the problem that the umlauts are displayed incorrectly in the browser and lead to errors in Win sync.
Some Passman passwords that contain umlauts are also corrupt.

in the data folder, the folders are all spelled correctly via ssh.

psql of the old system:

postgres = # \ l
List of databases
Name | Owner | Coding | Sort order | Character type |
----------- ----------- ± ± ± ---------- ------------- ± - ---------- ± ------------------------
nextcloud | nextcloud | LATIN1 | de_DE | de_DE |
postgre s | postgres | LATIN1 | de_DE | de_DE |
template0 | postgres | LATIN1 | de_DE | de_DE |

psql of the new system:

postgres- # \ l
List of databases
Name | Owner | Coding | Sort order | Character type |
----------- ----------- ± ± ± ---------- ------------- ± - ----------- ± ------------------------
nextcloud | nextcloud | UTF8 | de_DE.UTF-8 | de_DE.UTF-8 |
postgres | postgres | UTF8 | de_DE.UTF-8 | de_DE.UTF-8 |
template 0 | postgres | UTF8 | de_DE.UTF-8 | de_DE.UTF-8 |

If I had noticed this immediately it would probably have been easier, but the system has been running with various syncs and accesses for 2 weeks…

My thoughts:

change / convert the coding of the database

read the file system again since everything fits there … / occ fallen …

search and rename the affected folders?

If necessary, check the coding of php. How and where?

What is the best and safest option or what can it be?

this will be problematic. The database should never have been in latin1 to start with. It should have been converted before.

the coding of php wont be the problem here. But changing objects in the database and filesystems. So scan for files/folders and repair the names. Then check and scan the database for broken chars (there are some info on the web how to scan for it)

You should make sure that you run utf8 everywhere afterwards.

Do check this url for how it should be setup: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/17/admin_manual/configuration_database/linux_database_configuration.html

Thank you for your message

i was looking for a tool. I only found one for mysql but not for psql.

So I would now create a new pg_dumpall and search and replace the characters with Notepad ++.
Then import the dump again.
I can probably not save Passman because the data should be encrypted. I will somehow create this from an old data backup.

Is this recommendable?

Yepp. Just make sure that you dont convert any data double to utf8 then you will get more problem.