Ulink operation not permitted helper.php

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 11.02
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): cPanel
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.0
Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: Yes

Can you reliably replicate it? (If so, please outline steps): yes, reinstalled several times with same result

The issue you are facing:

I see following error in the log re-occuring all 3-5 minutes:

Error PHP unlink(/tmp/oc_tmp_4auZBJ-.crt): Operation not permitted at /home//lib/private/legacy/helper.php#223

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

Error PHP unlink(/tmp/oc_tmp_4auZBJ-.crt): Operation not permitted at /home//lib/private/legacy/helper.php#223

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxx', 'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', ), 'datadirectory' => '/home/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '11.0.2.7', 'dbname' => 'dbname', 'dbhost' => 'hostip', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => 'dbuser', 'dbpassword' => 'dbpassword, 'logtimezone' => 'UTC', 'installed' => true, 'mail_from_address' => 'mailfrom', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'php', 'mail_domain' => 'maildomain', The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: hosted service. could not find any apache log --- Remember, this information may be requested if it isn't supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

Did you try to use a different temp-folder where you have full permissions? Add this option to your config/config.php:

Hi,
thank you for your reply.

I did not try to use a different folder as the owner has full rights but I will try your suggestion.

Thanks

I have added the entry as suggested but that did not work but at least the error message changed (no such directory) so I tried to add the full path incl. /home//tmp and that worked. So it looks like the installation (cpanel/softaculous) did need the full path instead only to /tmp.

Now the message did not appear anymore.

Thanks for your help!

It’s always the absolute path and you probably have not enough permissions for /tmp.