Trying to sign app release but getting "Environment not properly prepared" error

I swear I had a solution that worked the first time I published the app, but it isn’t now. I set up my Nextcloud environment following the tutorial here, and I haven’t changed much in it since because it’s purely for testing. Now I want to publish a new release of the app. I am following the “Code signing” instructions, and trying to run ./occ integrity:sign-app, but it throws this error:

No database drivers (sqlite, mysql, or postgresql) installed.

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Exception: Environment not properly prepared. in /home/kirsten/Repos/nextcloud-docker-dev/workspace/server/lib/private/Console/Application.php:166
Stack trace:
#0 /home/kirsten/Repos/nextcloud-docker-dev/workspace/server/console.php(99): OC\Console\Application->loadCommands()
#1 /home/kirsten/Repos/nextcloud-docker-dev/workspace/server/occ(11): require_once('...')

Previously it also threw up a bunch of “No php [something] module installed”, but I installed them and those messages went away.
I’ve checked previous questions about this and found nothing that corresponds to this situation. Any help?

No database drivers (sqlite, mysql, or postgresql) installed.

Install also one of the PHP modules for a suitable database driver, e.g. php-sqlite3

I’ll try that, thank you! Also, update: I was just following the wrong instructions. I checked the “Upload app release” page and realized that these instructions tell you to use openssl instead, and that’s what I did last time that worked. I used that command instead and everything went fine.

1 Like