Trouble with external access

Hello,

I’m attempting to set up a NextCloud server on my Odroid HC1 using a NextCloudPi image for personal use, but I am struggling trying to make it available external to my home network. On my home network I can connect to the server with the private IP address or through my No-IP DDNS hostname, but any attempts to connect on my phone network fail and my Let’s Encrypt attempts fail (Connection reset by peer).

I’m using No-IP for a free DDNS hostname, ports 443 and 80 are open, and I also have a Pi Hole running on my network (if that is important). I’m trying to use check-your-website.server-daten(.)de/ to troubleshoot the problem and I’m receiving this error: “Fatal: Inconsistency between delegation and zone. The set of NS records served by the authoritative name servers must match those proposed for the delegation in the parent zone.: nf1.no-ip(.)com (194.62.182.53): Delegation: nf1.no-ip(.)com, nf2.no-ip(.)com, nf3.no-ip(.)com, nf4.no-ip(.)com, Zone: nf1.no-ip(.)com, nf2.no-ip(.)com, nf3.no-ip(.)com, nf4.no-ip(.)com, nf5.no-ip(.)com. Name Servers defined in Zone, missing in Delegation: nf5.no-ip(.)com.” And there are 10 variants of this message, with a different address when referring to the parent zone. For example " nf2.no-ip(.)com (45.54.64.53) " instead of “nf1.no-ip(.)com (194.62.182.53)”.

I’m think this is telling me I have a problem with name servers, but, frankly, I don’t understand how name servers work or how I would try and solve the problem.

I would really appreciate any thoughts, suggestions or tips. Thanks!

PS I used (.) to break the links so the forum would allow me to post. Those are not part of the error message.

@Torkyl
The firewall on Pi Hole is correctly set up for 80 and 443 port ?

@Mageunic
I don’t remember configuring any firewalls on the Pi Hole, and there are no options for it on the web interface. I did find some information in the documentation (Prerequisites - Pi-hole documentation) about configuring firewall rules, but none of the commands are working on the Pi Hole. Have you ever done this before?

I have used port checking websites that say both ports are open, is it possible for that result but still have the Pi Hole interfere?

Thanks for the suggestion!

@Torkyl i haven’t Pi Hole so i can’t try on my installation…
if I read this correctly, your domain on No-ip works when you aren’t connected to your router or not ?

@Mageunic
I can only connect to NextCloud when I’m connected to the router that my NextCloud server is plugged into. I can do this using the noip domain name or the private IP address. So it works perfectly when I’m at home, but I would like to be able to connect to it at work or out int the world.