Cross posting from Reddit in case anyone here wasn’t already aware…
I use Deck almost every day. One of the frustrations I’ve had with Deck is the fact that you can’t (yet) share tags among boards. I’ve found a way to do it, so I thought I would post it here for people who were not aware. Until this functionality is implemented on desktop and mobile, this makes a decent workaround.
How to transfer tags from one board to another
- A Nextcloud server with an account
- Nextcloud Deck for Android
- On the desktop (can be done on mobile, but desktop is easier) - Create a new card in the board which has the tags you want to transfer
- Open the card details and assign all the tags you want to that card.
- Now move the card to the board where you want to copy the tags to
- Look at the tags for the board you just transferred the card to. You should see all the tags.
How to transfer tags between servers
another scenario is for those who have Deck accounts on multiple servers
- Same as above, +
- Deck for Android is configured for all accounts you want to transfer tags to
Follow steps 1-2 from above and then follow these steps (All steps should be done on the Android app)
- In the card menu, select “Move Card”
- Select the server board you wish to send the card to
- Transfer the card with tags to the other server.
- Result: All tags are transferred to the other account in the board the card was assigned to