TOTP in Nextcloud v. 28

Hi folks :wave:

Hope you are keeping well.

I have just installed a fresh copy of Nextcloud and was looking to enable TOTP for security reasons.

When searching for an app to enable this I don’t seem to be able to find anything?

Is this no longer available in the 28 release or have I missed something?

Cheers,
IK

Maybe you need the app OTP Manager. Years ago i tested the appTwo-Factor TOTP Provider. But the app is not supported anymore.

Cheers devnull, I’m guessing I can use this app just to generate a OTP for Nextcloud only?

I use BitWarden for everything else.

Cheers,
IK

The Two-Factor TOTP Provider app is actually built into Nextcloud from version 25. So there’s no need to install a separate app for TOTP anymore.

https://github.com/nextcloud/twofactor_totp#installation

1 Like

Might explain why I cannot find it then :rofl: (used to v 24 where you had to add it as an app first)

Will do some digging :+1:

Cheers,
IK

1 Like

Having a gander but I don’t seem to be able to find anything that relates to enabling or setting up TOTP? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Cool. I didn’t know that. :coffee:

The app might be disabled. You can enable it under Apps → Your Apps. The apps that are disabled can be found at the bottom of the list.

Once you have enabled the app you can set up TOTP for your Account under Personal Settings → Security: Using two-factor authentication — Nextcloud latest User Manual latest documentation

Stupid me, it was indeed disabled! Thanks bb77!!