Torrent server for file share

Hello!
We share lot of large files with nextcloud.
So, we got an idea to use torrent - as some of clients have a poor internet connection and some other limits. It may be like generating the share URL from web-gui and using any torrent server on the same server…
Any ideas?

There is an app for the transmission client: https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/transmission

No, the app you send is just tool for monitoring torrent server.
Our idea was:
the user uploads file
Share it with usual way and (for some clients) with the torrent: generate .torrent file and so on

I do not use Torrent.

But perhaps you need a full url to the file.
Sharing Path - Apps - App Store - Nextcloud
Then you can “wget” then perhaps Torrent?

Also you can perhaps install a torrent server (never done) and use path to /var/www/html/nextcloud/data/user/files/…
Or you move,copy to different location or use external storage (local) for the files.

Then it makes only sense if more than one user at the poor internet location needs the files.

You can use internet providers for your root-server / vps with unlimited bandwith.

How about to use Workflow external scripts. You can added special tag that will cause torrent creation.

transmission-create -o /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/files.torrent -c "My comments" -t udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 -t udp://open.demonii.com:1337 -t udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969 -t udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969 ~/torrent/complete/

and then added torrent for seeding to transmission

transmission-remote -n 'transmission:transmission' -a /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads/files.torrent

From: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TransmissionHowTo#Transmission_Create

Then just share torrent file via some (better Local external storage) folder.

But this will failed if you change files, transmission should be able to detect that something changed. So I propose, to make a files copy to other folder, create torrent, share torrent file, delete it after e.g. 2 hours.

Perhaps, it wasn’t so clear. But you already have an interface that communicates with the torrent server. So it could perhaps be extended to add new torrents, you place them on some shared storage…