Timeout during installation

Hello everyone,

Im trying to install Nextcloud 18.0.3 on my shared webhosting service. I used the setup script and also tried uploading all the files manually. With both I have the same issue. When I click on the “Finish setup” button, it starts the whole process but after a few seconds, I receive the error “504 Gateway Time-out” from nginx.

Next I checked the logs I can access through Plesk where I found the following three log entries:

2020-04-01 11:05:28 Warning mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 15 seconds Apache-Error
2020-04-01 11:05:28 Error End of script output before headers: index.php Apache-Error
2020-04-01 11:05:28 Error 2651#0: *12518850 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream nginx-Error

The error messages leave me clueless. I checked if all install requirements are checked and thats the case. Maybe someone of you knows a way how to approach this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue. I’m trying to set up nextcloud on an unraid box follow this tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPmVZ9CgtM

I get to nextcloud, fill everything out and then get “504 Gateway Time-out” from nginx.

I’m getting this same issue. Did you guys get it figured out?

Is a very very very old “bug?” of Plesk control panel.

Try to Increase the timeout of your php execution and if ( probably ) this will not fully fix your issue you have to edit the Apache/Nginx directive file and add/edit the Fcgid timeout.
Some rare times can be caused by a spike of resources usage that slow down the database responsiveness , increase the sql timeout and you should be good.