Thumbnail icon when sharing

So I’ve had a custom theme (like the older method, not done via admin settings) for a while, and although I believe I’ve replaced all of the NC logo icons for logo, apple-touch, etc, etc, etc, when I share a link to a file, it still - basically a year later (so no cache) - shows the NC logo:

You’ll have to take my word for it the SVGs have been replaced as I can’t preview them:

I’ve gone through the source looking for it, but haven’t been able to locate it.

Any ideas?

NC: 11.0.3

I have just double checked (since I use the same “external” theme method) and for me it still works. My image file is:

/var/www/nextcloud/themes/[theme name]/core/img/favicon-fb.png

1 Like

Oh interesting! Do you have one for the other social networks too?

This same file works for example with FaceBook, Skype and even here on this forum.

See the link below of a test file.

UPDATE: Link removed since not active anymore

Hmm, doesn’t work for me at all as yet. We shall see if caches clear today…

hello im facing the same issue and i did replace all files yet it didnt update when i do the sharing

You have done the following:

1. Create /var/www/nextcloud/themes/[theme name]/core/img/favicon-fb.png
  2. Clear cache with:
    a. APCu → Restart Apache2
    b. Redis → Run command redis-cli flushall

strange in mobile its get the update but when i share in web and give the link in skype or whatever chat it doesnt!

im not good in apache sorry :frowning:

I’m suffering the same issue.

How did you get rid of it?

Same issue here on nextcloud 16 when sharing to whatsapp :frowning:

Same issue on Slack, I changed the logo in the Theming section (including Logo + Favicon), but when pasting a link on nextcloud I see this logo:

When looking at the source page of the link I see:

<link rel="icon" href="/apps/theming/favicon?v=18">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" href="/apps/theming/icon?v=18">
<link rel="mask-icon" sizes="any" href="/core/img/favicon-mask.svg" color="#0082c9">
<meta property="og:type" content="object"/>
<meta property="og:image" content="https://myserver.com/core/img/favicon-fb.png"/>

I overwrite directly the favicon-fb.png in core/img, but still slack is showing the nextcloud logo. Restarted nginx & php-fpm. But not redis-flush (I think it is use only for file-locking)?

Anyone?

1 Like

i have the exact same problem, looking for solution.

i have found that facebook has a tool that troubleshoots this issue - https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

and the tool showed below warning to me:

seems that we have missing tags for our icons to work?

after reading the guidelines from facebook, i have uploaded a logo with at least 200 px on one side and it worked!

hope this helps those with problems getting the logo thumbnails.

Hi, I’m suffering from the same issue when I customize my nextcloud via Theming Apps:

here the HTML, the https://nc.mysite.org/apps/theming/icon?v=374 return empty image

Hello Community,

Can someone help me to solve this issue, I did many googling but I didn’t know why the image not generated when I make a change in theming application.

as you see above nextcloud return empty picture.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Did anyone solve this issue?

I replaced the original nextcloud logo, header logo and favicon with my own using the /settings/admin/theming page.

When I post my link to facebook debug tool, I see my logo correctly. However, when I post the link on Signal chat, the nextcloud logo appears.

Anybody found a way to solve the issue?

I’m using nextcloud-aio, and I don’t have /var/www/nextcloud/themes/*/core/img/favicon-fb.png file in nextcloud_aio_nextcloud volume (also, the only dir in themes is example, so it’s not even used)

Look into data/appdata_<instanceid>/theming/global/ → try trashing all directories that are numbered and look what actually is generated within images directory. This stuff is heavily cached.