This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 7.4 You are currently running 7.3.31-1~deb10u1. Please update your PHP version

Dear all,

I am running ownyourbits/NextcloudPI on a QNAP in docker.
NextcloudPI v1.49.0.

NextCloudPi image NextCloudPi_docker_07-20-19
OS Debian GNU/Linux 10. 5.10.60-qnap (x86_64)

I update it and now it tells me
“This version of Nextcloud requires at least PHP 7.4 You are currently running 7.3.31-1~deb10u1. Please update your PHP version.”

How can I update to PHP 7.4? Sorry, noob here :frowning:

Many thanks!
Kai

Hi,

See there : Upgrading to PHP 7.4 - DEV Community 👩‍💻👨‍💻

Have a good day

The correct way to update ncp to PHP 7.4 is running the command ncp-dist-upgrade.

Please don’t attempt to do it manually (i. e. don’t follow the guide linked above)

All the latest NCP images use Deb11 and php7.4
Unfamiliar with Qnap, but as your using docker, I expect you can simply remove the container, pull the latest image and create a fresh container, with the same data folder(s).
I would still make backups of config and data files and folders, just in case, better safe than sorry :wink:

1 Like

Would that work inside a docker container?

No that does not work unfortunately

Hello again,

Sorry but I don’t understand why manually is not a solution if with “classic” it’s not too … Docker container doesn’t use phps global configuration … ?
I don’t understand and so sorry if it’s a weird question …

Have a good end of day

And for my current utilization of nextcloud I’m using a debian environment so I’m just using this protocol to install php8.0 and it’s close of php7.4 installation …

no they don’t - one of important reasons to user Docker or any other virtualization technology is to ship application with dependencies and run applications which might require different libs than you have available on the system.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick answer :slight_smile: and just to known : if in dockerfile is require a specific version to build container but it have no request to install it, the container in consequences couldn’t be launch or take global config of the server ? (It’s little redondant with your previous answer but it’s just a precision for me… )

Thanks for your time

No you’re right. For the ncp docker containers, the upgrade requires pulling and starting the latest version of the container