This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4. You are currently running 8.0.18

Hi all,

I’m using Unraid 6.11.1 and linuxserver/nextcloud docker container.

I have use Unraid with nextcloud start from Yr 2020, everything was fine.

But today after I update my Nextcloud, the website down with error: This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.4. You are currently running 8.0.18.

I have no idea how to fix it. Anyone can help?

Thank you very much.

Which Nextcloud version do you use. Is nor Nextcloud installation so old?

Requirements Nextcloud 20 (up to 7.4)
Requirements Nextcloud 21 (up to PHP 8.0)
Requirements Nextcloud 22 (up to PHP 8.0)
Requirements Nextcloud 23 (up to PHP 8.0)
Requirements Nextcloud 24 (up to PHP 8.1)

What are the steps to upgrade major version with this error?

I think downgrade to an older PHP version.

I had same problem today. Problem was, that updating docker (linuxserver/nextcloud) doesn’t update nextcloud version (mine was still at version 20.X ) and yesterday, they deployed container with php8. So you need to:

1. run docker with version 24.0.6-ls205. This one was last with php7.4
  2. update nextcloud (you can do that via web gui in Settings->Overview)
  3. update couple more times until you have Nextcloud version 24
  4. change docker version back to “latest” and deploy container
1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem. I’m no expert in Unraid or Docker to downgrade the Docker or PHP version easily. Is there any other way to solve this problem?
I’m running Unraid 6.11.1. Docker version indicated is 20.10.18. Nextcloud docker version/repository is lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud. I installed it a couple of years ago following Spaceinvader One youtube video.

I’m throwing ideas here:
-Is it possible to change my Nextcloud Docker for another without loosing data?
-Can it be done by simply changing the repositary in Nextcloud Docker settings and updating ?
-I’ve learned that we must not update a script inside a container but rather wait for the container to be updated. Is that right ?

Thanks

This is brilliant! I didn’t know updating docker doesn’t update nextcloud version! So many other suggestions that I am reading, nothing works but this! Thanks mate!

1 Like

Hi, PHP is included in linuxserver/nextcloud docker image, so you can’t change it. You need to downgrade docker image to version which uses php7.4. Last one was 24.0.6-ls205.

-Is it possible to change my Nextcloud Docker for another without loosing data?

Yes

-Can it be done by simply changing the repositary in Nextcloud Docker settings and updating ?

I am not using Unraid, so I am not sure how you can achieve it. But in my case (i am using portainer), it was just changing image from “lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest” to “lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:amd64-24.0.6-ls205” and deploy container.

-I’ve learned that we must not update a script inside a container but rather wait for the container to be updated. Is that right ?

This is true for a lot of dockerized applications, but in this case, it is different. It is described here in Application Setup section.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer. I tried replacing my repositary with the one you provided and it work. My Nextcloud is working again.

I first tried to replace a with completely different repositary but it didn’t work. I had a 502 error. I wasn’t up to start looking into the settings and proxy config so I changed the repositery again with the one you provided. The initial one was lscr.io also.

Thank you again!

Follow up

I updated Nextcloud via the GUI up to version 24. Took long but worked. Then I changed the repository back to latest. Docker was updated and all is working fine. Only thing are two server config error messages:

/.well-known/webfinger
/.well-known/nodeinfo

I will look at it but if you have any info on these, it would be of a great help. The documentation links at the end of the error messages don’t work.

Thanks

1 Like