This site can’t be reached

Nextcloud version: 12.0.5
Operating system and version: Windows 8.1
Apache or nginx version: do not know
PHP version: 7.0
Web browser: IE11, or Chrome 64.0.3282.140, or Firefox 58.0.1

The issue you are facing:
When I am trying to connect the web with my Nextcloud installation second time, it is not possible. Error: “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED”. I tried to connect by Firefox, Chrome, IE. The same result, even with inkognito.
I tried to setup DNS, and reset DNS in my computer. No positive result.

Steps to replicate it:

1. first time I connect my nextcloud it works
  2. second time I try to connect doesnt
  3. this issue is only from my Toshiba laptop. From the computer with Windows 7 it seems it works.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

I have to confess to be utterly frustrated by this package. NOTHING works the communities here rarely seem to get an answer and looking at other chat channels it appears to be hit and miss if you get a working installation,at all.

I am stuck at the update config .php I have added the IP address as a trusted domain and I get a refused connection when I try to manage to via the FreeNas “manage” link
The help text /documentation is poorly written, contains significant grammatical errors and is either inaccurate or out of date. That the documentation is in this state opens grave concerns about the quality assurance of the package.

My gravest concern is that in the event of my establishing a working installation, the package is too unstable and not supported sufficiently for me to have confidence a fix could be produced in good time support to provide a fix in time

So I give up as a very bad job and either write my own or buy something of the shelf.

i don’t see no sense in re-opening old threads (more than 2 1/2 years) being about nc 12 (EOL since ages)
in order to just vent off a bit.

If you have problems you’re welcome to address them to the forum. In a nice and polite way. It’s not of interest what you think of any written code/manual.

you seem to be smart and thus you would have known (by reading and reading and reading - you claim you have been reading a lot) that it’s not recommended to run NC on a “FreeNAS”. Check recommendations.

If you’re not OK with the “support” from volounteers here on the forum (btw: where is your own thread about it where you describe your problems in detail?) you’re free to buy professional support.

or you’re as well free doing that.

Though you seemingly could be of great help… as you seem to like to write much. So you could offer your help to doc-writers to help them with all their mistakes and (grammatical) errors. Just to improve the manual. That would be great.

On a sidenote to that: Don’t expect much help if you just came here to let go of your frustrations.

Thread closed now…

1 Like