This instance is missing php modules - imagick

edited for typo:
I am running the NC snap on ubuntu 20.04LTS on a linode instance. It’s a fairly new install, a late NC 22 originally. After the update to NC 23.0.2, which was automatic, I am getting a warning in the security settings.

This instance is missing some recommended php modules.  For better performance and compatibility it is recommended you install them.
 - imagick

I installed the php-imagick and all the dependancies that come with it. However I’m getting the same warning even after a reboot. I took at look at /etc/php/7.4/cli/php.ini and the extension is not listed. However I didn’t want to just add it, not being sure of the format or if that would even fix it considering it is a snap.
So maybe someone can point me in the right direction. The instance seems to be working okay for the most part.

1 Like

I think to install php-imagick is correct.

sudo apt-get install php-imagick

Sorry but i do not use Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and also not Snap.

But perhaps you need php8.1-imagick

sudo apt-get install php8.1-imagick

Which PHP version does you use?

Thanks for the reply. As indicated I installed php-imagick. As far as I can tell I am using php7.4 as that is what is in etc, though I’m not sure what the snap is up to.

Yes. But normally you get with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS the version PHP 8.1 Perhaps here is the problem. Do you really use Ubuntu 22.04 (jammy)?

Show:

dpkg -l|grep php
dpkg -l|grep imagick

woops - my bad - typo - 20.04LTS

root@localhost:~# uname -a
Linux localhost 5.4.0-105-generic #119-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 7 18:49:24 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

dpkg -l|grep php
ii  php-common                            2:75                               all          Common files for PHP packages
ii  php-imagick                           3.4.4-4                            amd64        Provides a wrapper to the ImageMagick library
ii  php7.4-cli                            7.4.3-4ubuntu2.10                  amd64        command-line interpreter for the PHP scripting language
ii  php7.4-common                         7.4.3-4ubuntu2.10                  amd64        documentation, examples and common module for PHP
ii  php7.4-json                           7.4.3-4ubuntu2.10                  amd64        JSON module for PHP
ii  php7.4-opcache                        7.4.3-4ubuntu2.10                  amd64        Zend OpCache module for PHP
ii  php7.4-readline                       7.4.3-4ubuntu2.10                  amd64        readline module for PHP

dpkg -l|grep imagick
ii  php-imagick                           3.4.4-4                            amd64        Provides a wrapper to the ImageMagick library

As far as I know imagick is only needed for the theming app. So, if you don’t need the theming app, just uninstall it and the warning in the admin panel will disappear.

1 Like

See imagemagick not installed? (favicon) · Issue #592 · nextcloud-snap/nextcloud-snap · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks! That did it. I’ll have to check my home instance to see if the same thing crops up.

1 Like

I was able to resolve this error on a debian/ubuntu installation:

sudo apt install imagemagick
sudo apt install php8.2-imagick
sudo service apache2 reload

1 Like