This file no longer exists" issue on Nextcloud web interface

Hello everyone,

I’m experiencing an issue with my self-hosted Nextcloud server and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Here’s a description of my problem:

When I use the Nextcloud web interface, the files are displayed correctly, but when I click on one of them to open it, I receive an error message that says “This file no longer exists”. However, this issue doesn’t occur when I use the Nextcloud mobile app: I can open the files just fine.

Here’s what I’ve already tried to resolve the issue:

1. I ran the ‘occ’ maintenance command to repair my Nextcloud installation, but this didn’t resolve the issue.
  2. I’ve checked that my Nextcloud server and PHP version are up to date. I’m currently on Nextcloud 27.0.0 and PHP 8.1.2-1ubuntu2.13.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of issue or know how to solve it? I appreciate any help in advance.

Best regards,

I assume the file does exist in place (on SSD / HDD)…

Try the following

run occ commands for ..occ files:scan --all
and
..occ files:scan-app-data
and
..occ groupfolders:scan (if exist)

I would reboot the nextcloud server after finishing all scans.

clear your browser cache and reload /re-login to your nextcloud and try to access the files you can reach via mobile device (same account on both devices I assume …)

Same problem, I already executed the commands of @chrissi55 but it remains the same, in the mobile app it works correctly but no on the web, I have noticed that if I click on download file it can find it, but it doesn’t work if I click normally as @jeromeeuw mentions

Nextcloud 27.1.1

Yes, I am having this problem with shared files. If I access the root directory, then the problem will clear up for a while. It seems like a base-level cache is getting cleared and accessing the file via the web interface (WebDav) has a problem finding the shared folder that should exist in the root.

This happens on two of my most used installations, but not my test installation.

I first noticed this problem with group folders, but it also exists for me with shared folders.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Solution for me:
After weeks, in my case I found the problem, apparently the CDN was activated by the hosting to the domain where Nextcloud is, causing this problem, I already deactivated it and now it works correctly.