There is no application password manager interface?

Hello.

I can’t understand why there is no section in personal configuration section to list and manage (revoke) application passwords.

I can only create passwords and take a look at an activity login feed looking for the login I want to revoke. Really?

I may even create thousands of applications password, filling nextcloud’s database with garbage, and I will never be able to remove any of them I do not use. Absurd.

Please, add a list of application passwords to nextcloud’s admin interface to properly manage them.

Thank you very much.

simply because it’s in every user’s personal settings under “security”.
so the logic is: if an users grants access to an installed app it’s up to HIM/HER to revoke this right again.
if you - as an admin - don’t want users to use a patricular app, don’t install or just de-install it.
if you - as an admin - don’t want an user to use a special app, put the app into a group and grant using right’s to the users in that group - remove user from group.
if you - as an admin - don’t want an user doing anything, remove user.
:wink:

Hello.

Maybe I have not explained it very well.

I’m creating applications passwords using user’s personal settings under “security”. Many of them, for the nextcloud’s desktop client in different laptops. But I can’t see there a simple list of app passwords to manage them, to see how many I have created, their names and to revoke the ones I do not need any more. Only an activity feed which does not show app paswords never used, for example.

I do not think and activity feed it is a way to manage applications passwords, so I would like nextcloud’s developers to implement a simple list of existing apps passwords to manage them.

Thank you very much.

I don’t understand this question neither. If you define an app password in every users personal settings, then the app passwords are only managed there of course. I don’t see why an admin should see a list of all the app passwords of all the users.
And for the user (in his personal settings under security) there is a list of all app passwords and a column for last activity indicating if this app password was ever used or when it was used last.
And furthermore these app passwords can be revoked i.e. deleted from the database:

1 Like

Hello.

I don’t want admin to manage users applications passwords. I first wrote admin interface but the relevant section was personal configuration. I have changed first post to reflect that.

A login activity feed is not a list of all app passwords. If I create a app password that I do not use at least one time, it will never show there and I will never be able to revoke it. I do not think that this is a desired behavior. A login activity feed is not a convenient way to manage application passwords. That’s my point. Am I wrong?

Thank you very much.

well this question must be allowed: why do you create a password after all, if you don’t want to use it?

it’s only up to the user him/herself creating app-passwords and thus taking responsibility for his/her actions.

Hello.

This is extremely frustrating

Why not just discuss the real point: a proper management interface for application passwords?

I insist: a login feed is not a list of all app passwords. In the login feed there are many entries that are not app passwords. To easily track and revoke all app passwords the proper way is complete list of all app passwords. I do not want to look for when it was used, yesterday, one year ago or never.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

feel free to open an issue on github → Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub

I just checked that and in my instance that is not true. If I create a app password, it is marked as used right now, so it is and stays in the list.

I agree. We should see the List of Apps for which we gave passwords.
The text on the screen says:
“Here you can generate individual passwords for apps so you don’t have to give out your password. You can revoke them individually too.”

But I dont see a list,so there is a problem to revoke anything

Sorry, I was confused. The list of App Password is integrated in the ‘Security’ List above the ‘App Psswords’ Button