Theming Issue With 25.0.0 Beta 4

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 25.0.0 beta 4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu Server 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.41
PHP version (eg, 7.4): PHP 7.4.3

The issue you are facing:

Since upgrading to the 25.0.0 beta 4 it seems as though any custom theming colors set revert back to the default color scheme

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Yes

Steps to replicate it:

1. Attempt to change the color scheme of theme

Well what can I say… Except that I think it was a very brave decision to upgrade your production instance, on your main domain, to a beta version. :wink:

I usually recommend to wait until the first point release of a new major version is out, before one should even think about upgrading. With major changes in a new release, like a new theme, this recommendation becomes even more relevant.

So I would suggest you check on GitHub if there is already a bug report for your issue and if not, open one. Otherwise, there’s not much you can do, except of clearing your browser cache and if that doesn’t help, wait and hope that any bugs in the new theme will get fixed as soon as possible.

Oh and some of what you might think is a bug, could also be working as intended… Not sure if that’s the case with the specific issue you’re describing, but to me it looks like as if the color of the top bar would depend on the color of the background image. But maybe someone here has more insight in how the new theme is supposed to look like when using custom color settings…

Ah, I feel dumb haha. That fixed the issue.

And yeah I run the beta on my primary domain haha but it is more so an “internal/intranet” type situation so that it can be accessed on the job sites remotely and what not. I do have my primary Nextcloud installation that’s open for public usage running 24.

1 Like