The usual 9 apps on tob bar, but the three dots (more) menu doesn't appear with more apps

Hi,

My installation is Nextcloud 18.0.6 on top of SuSE 15.0. Below is my config.php file.

The problem I have is that on the top bar only 9 apps are shown. But I have more, and the three dots more menu doesn’t appear. If I make the window smaller, the three dots more menu appears, but it will show only up to those 9 apps.

I have also installed the appOrder application and whithin its configuration page, only the 9 apps of the top bar are shown.

It is like if the system knows nothing about the installed apps. However, they are working. As an example, the OnlyOffice app which is installed, but not shown on the top bar menu, can be used with files or clicking on the + menu for creating a new file. So, the apps are there and working.

My config.php is:

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'passwordsalt' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'secret' => 'jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'nimbus.caha.es', 1 => 'localhost', ), 'datadirectory' => '/DATA', 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://nimbus.caha.es/nextcloud', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '18.0.6.0', 'dbname' => 'nextcloud', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'mysql.utf8mb4' => true, 'dbuser' => 'nextclouduser', 'dbpassword' => 'xxxxxxxxxx', 'installed' => true, 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', 'memcache.locking' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\Redis', 'redis' => array ( 'host' => 'localhost', 'port' => '6379', ), 'maintenance' => false, 'theme' => '', 'log_type' => 'file', 'logfile' => '/srv/www/htdocs/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log', 'loglevel' => 2, 'logdateformat' => 'F d, Y H:i:s', 'mail_from_address' => 'nextcloud', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp', 'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp', 'mail_domain' => 'xxxx.xx', 'mail_smtpport' => 'xx', 'mail_smtphost' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'onlyoffice' => array ( 'verify_peer_off' => true, ), 'updater.secret' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', 'apps_paths' => array ( 0 => array ( 'path' => OC::$SERVERROOT.'/apps', 'url' => '/apps', 'writable' => true, ), 1 => array ( 'path' => OC::$SERVERROOT.'/apps2', 'url' => '/apps2', 'writable' => true, ), ), ); Thanks for your help

The config.php info is unreadable. I try to paste agein here

‘dbtableprefix’ => ‘oc_’,
‘mysql.utf8mb4’ => true,
‘dbuser’ => ‘nextclouduser’,
‘dbpassword’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxx’,
‘installed’ => true,
‘memcache.local’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\APCu’,
‘memcache.locking’ => ‘\OC\Memcache\Redis’,
‘redis’ =>
array (
‘host’ => ‘localhost’,
‘port’ => ‘6379’,
),
‘maintenance’ => false,
‘theme’ => ‘’,
‘log_type’ => ‘file’,
‘logfile’ => ‘/srv/www/htdocs/nextcloud/data/nextcloud.log’,
‘loglevel’ => 2,
‘logdateformat’ => ‘F d, Y H:i:s’,
‘mail_from_address’ => ‘nextcloud’,
‘mail_smtpmode’ => ‘smtp’,
‘mail_sendmailmode’ => ‘smtp’,
‘mail_domain’ => ‘xxxx.xx’,
‘mail_smtpport’ => ‘xx’,
‘mail_smtphost’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’,
‘onlyoffice’ =>
array (
‘verify_peer_off’ => true,
),
‘updater.secret’ => ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’,
‘apps_paths’ => array (
0 => array (
‘path’ => OC::$SERVERROOT.’/apps’,
‘url’ => ‘/apps’,
‘writable’ => true,
),
1 => array (
‘path’ => OC::$SERVERROOT.’/apps2’,
‘url’ => ‘/apps2’,
‘writable’ => true,
),
),
);

“installed” isn’t the same than “installed & activated”. Navigate to the app menu and activate more apps if you want to use them or get them displayed in the menu bar.
BTW, inserting a line with three back ticks (```) before and after a configuration block will improve its readability :wink:

1 Like

Hello

Thanks for your quick answer.

Sorry, I did not mention it, but all of them are activated. Both: installed & activated.

And also sorry for not using the ``` This is my first post.

Thanks

Please provide a screenshot of the apps displayed in the menu bar and also the output of the command “./occ app:list”. Additionally please explain which apps you expect to be displayed in the menu bar.

1 Like

Hello

The screenshot:

I will expetc several apps to be shown. But, as an example: draw.io. Or the OnlyOffice.

Output of requested command:

nimbus:/srv/www/htdocs/nextcloud # sudo -u wwwrun php occ app:list
The process control (PCNTL) extensions are required in case you want to interrupt long running commands - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php
Enabled:
  - activity: 2.11.0
  - admin_audit: 1.8.0
  - apporder: 0.10.0
  - calendar: 2.0.3
  - cloud_federation_api: 1.1.0
  - comments: 1.8.0
  - contacts: 3.3.0
  - dav: 1.14.0
  - drawio: 0.9.5
  - federatedfilesharing: 1.8.0
  - federation: 1.8.0
  - files: 1.13.1
  - files_external: 1.9.0
  - files_pdfviewer: 1.7.0
  - files_rightclick: 0.15.2
  - files_sharing: 1.10.1
  - files_trashbin: 1.8.0
  - files_versions: 1.11.0
  - files_videoplayer: 1.7.0
  - firstrunwizard: 2.7.0
  - logreader: 2.3.0
  - lookup_server_connector: 1.6.0
  - mail: 1.3.5
  - nextcloud_announcements: 1.7.0
  - notes: 3.5.0
  - notifications: 2.6.0
  - oauth2: 1.6.0
  - onlyoffice: 4.2.0
  - password_policy: 1.8.0
  - photos: 1.0.0
  - privacy: 1.2.0
  - provisioning_api: 1.8.0
  - serverinfo: 1.8.0
  - settings: 1.0.0
  - sharebymail: 1.8.0
  - spreed: 8.0.9
  - support: 1.1.1
  - survey_client: 1.6.0
  - systemtags: 1.8.0
  - tasks: 0.13.1
  - text: 2.0.0
  - theming: 1.9.0
  - twofactor_backupcodes: 1.7.0
  - updatenotification: 1.8.0
  - viewer: 1.2.0
  - workflowengine: 2.0.0
Disabled:
  - accessibility
  - cms_pico
  - encryption
  - nextbackup
  - recommendations
  - sendent
  - user_ldap

Thanks a lot

Have you tried different browsers or disabled any browser extensions which might influence the result? Which browser have you tested and what is the result of it?

1 Like

Hi,

I have tested with firefox, chrome, IE, Edge and opera. From different computers and different operating systems (Windows 7 and 10, and various Linux versions). The effect is the same in all of them.

Just to show you, when I make the width of the browser shorter, then I have the three dots menu, but only with the nine apps that can be shown. See below.

nextcloudApps

So, it seems that the three dots menu is working, but for any reason Nextcloud only thinks those 9 apps are installed/activated. BTW, if I remove one of those 9 apps, then only 8 are shown. None of the other installed apps takes the place of the removed one.

Thanks

Not all Apps add an menu entry to the top bar.
Some of the administrative Apps add only menu entries (and additional options and/or functionality) in the admin settings side menu on the left side when you are logged in as an admin.

1 Like

Hi tuxedo-rb.

I see what you say.

I’ve seen draw.io appears when creating new document as part of the + menu.

But… only those 9 apps I have on the top bar menu are the ones I have installed/activated that add an item on the bar?

From the listing I sent previously, is not there any other app that should add an item? If no, can you, please, tell me one app I can install that will add the item on the bar? Just to test the things are working as expected.

Thanks a lot

You can e.g. install the bookmarks app.

1 Like

Hehe, I was about to suggest the same thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

j-ed, tuxedo-rb, both a crack !!!

So, finally I had no problem at all… only not the correct app to be shown on the bar…

So, sorry for waste your time, and thanks thanks thanks for your fantastic and quick help.

Thanks !!!

1 Like