The PHP version is not displayed correctly in the backend settings?

In the backend settings, the PHP version displayed on the server is not shown. Instead, I get the version 7.3.16.

When php -v is called on the server, it gives the output: PHP 7.4.28 (cli) (built: Feb 17 2022 16:06:19) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.4.28, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

The server is a VPS:
Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-159-generic x86_64), Virtual CPU version 2.5+ (16 cores)

The current Nextcloud version is: 22.2.6

Is the information simply not being passed on to the backend settings or is something generally configured incorrectly?

Thanks for your advice
…and happy Easter :rabbit:

Cheers Frank

You mean the server info on the admin page? This should normally be the version that is used by the webserver. Keep in mind you can have different versions installed on your system, and the default command line version can differ from what you use with the webserver.

Check where you configured php in apache or nginx, depending on what you are using.

Yes - exactly. I meant the server information on the administration page in Nextcloud. So can I then assume that, as things stand, only PHP 7.3.16 is really being used when it is displayed like this and the version 7.4 displayed via php -v is not passed on?

yes. However, you probably have php 7.4 installed as well and you’d need to switch it…

Thank you for your tips, this has already helped me. :+1:

Cheers, Frank