The forum is running very slowly

plus certificate failures

Me too, intermittent slowness, sometimes timeouts. Located in the US.

Over here no problems … everything okay … sometimes threads come slight slow fragmanted on the first request of the site, but after that everything is normal.

So our server ran out of memory… we doubled ram, added also an extra CPU core :wink:

Should be OK now.

Double it again now so we don’t have this again for a while :stuck_out_tongue:

well, I’d hope that this doubling (4 to 8 GB, dual core now) would let the user and post numbers grow at least 3-4 fold and that might take another year :smiley:

Don’t underestimate the momentum, people say it is growing fast: Nextcloud grew customer base 7x, added over 6.6 million lines of code and doubled its team in 2017, in case of exponential growth doubling wouldn’t be enough!

just setup some performance monitoring and react before ressources become an issue :sunglasses:

Edit: Everything is lightning fast at the moment :slight_smile:

Well, a doubling of ram means more than a doubling of resources. Keep in mind that a server needs part of the ram simply for Linux itself, Apache, database etcetera - so when you double the ram from 4 to 8, the app goes from 2 GB to 6 or so :wink:

But yeah, we have to keep an eye on this, of course. I hope we keep growing like this!