The European Commission & Nextcloud invites you to the NextGov Hackathon April 25-29!

Originally published at: The European Commission & Nextcloud invites you to the NextGov Hackathon April 25-29! - Nextcloud

Calling all hackers!

Contribute to Nextcloud and compete for a prize from the EC: join the NextGov Hackathon!

Starting April 25th, Nextcloud and the European Commission’s Open Source Program Office will be hosting a week long Hackathon with the mission to help build and protect Europe’s digital sovereignty.

Help build and protect Europe’s digital sovereignty!

With exciting project topics built around enhancing the Nextcloud platform, you can use your coding skills, expertise, and creativity to improve Nextcloud Deck, Talk, Calendar, Photos and other apps.

Plus, if none of the proposed topics are your cup of tea, you are welcome to come up with your own idea and wow us all.

With your contributions, Nextcloud helps public administrations across Europe to reach digital sovereignty in their digitalization journey. That’s countless universities, governments, and major cities like Geneva and Paris, that will benefit from your talent and motivation.

To provide an extra incentive, the EC is offering cash prizes of up to €5,000 for the coolest, best, most creative contributions during the week!

This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the open-source community.

For registration and more information on contest details and important dates, check out the NextGov Hackathon page!

You can participate solo or as part of team.

We can’t wait to see you there!

4 Likes

On this page, I get an error:

Access was denied Error code 1020

You do not have access to eventornado.com.

The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site. Contact the site owner for access or try loading the page again.

ray-id: 6f1100d95ccc6921

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I wrote to my colleague and asked to look at it :slight_smile:

Just discovered this, someone is struggeling setting up a dev environment:

oops, I see this only just now. I pinged my colleagues :slight_smile: