Tasks Duplicating when syncing reoccurring task from Outlook to Nextcloud using CaldavSynchronizer

Support intro

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.1.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4

I’m seeing tasks being duplicated when trying to sync reoccurring tasks to a Nextcloud task list using CaldavSynchronizer.

Steps to replicate it:

1. Install latest nextcloud with latest Tasks app
  2. Create a task list and share it with another user
  3. Sync tasks to Outlook using CaldavSynchronizer:
  4. Create a reoccurring task in Outlook:
  5. Mark the task as completed in Nextcloud:
  6. The completed task is duplicated in Outlook and on Nextcloud after each sync. (Note the task is re-created in outlook for tomorrow, but no associated task exists in Nextcloud)

The output of Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

A little more information:

• If i delete all completed tasks on Nextcloud, then all the tasks in Outlook are deleted (including the uncompleted task that was re-scheduled for tomorrow).
  • I am aware of the ‘map reoccurring tasks’ option in CalDavSynchronizer, but it doesn’t seem to matter if it is selected or not.
  • As strange as it may sound, i’ve also seen situations where the re-created task is created to be a weekly reoccurring task instead of a daily task like it was originally created to be.