Talk on an offline Server

Hi Nextcloud
I am a nextcloud lover

I am looking for an external Talk(spreed) server for nextcloud with about 200 users to communicate by each other by chat, voice, camera, desktop sharing and so on.

our host is a vmware EXsi. so the talk server and all of its requirements servers like STUN / TURN should be on vmware

The most important thing is that our nextcloud server is offline and so Talk server also finally should be offline

it can be connected on line for installation and configuration for first time but finally it should transfer on offline network
Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips or you can take it

Br
Moj

What exactley do you mean by saying “external”? Are you talking about the High Perfomance Backend?

Well I would recommend doing a test installation before you put it in production. But I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work in an offline scenario, as long as all the components are able to talk to each other.

Hi Nextcloud
Can you please tell me how I can install it offline or som links to help me step by step to installing spreed server on separate linux OS?

Thanks

Br
Moj

The Talk (Spreed) server itself has to be installed on the Nextcloud server. It’s an app which can be installed via the Nextcloud App Store like any other app. Of course for installing it that way you have to be online. If you want to install it while your server is offline you could download the tar.gz from Github and extract it manually to your /nextcloud/apps/ folder… Maybe this topic is of any help: Manually downloading (installing) apps - #15 by hcgrove

As for the STUN/TURN server (coturn), there are plenty of topics and guides in this forum and in the web about how to install and configure it. It can either be installed on the same server as Nextcloud or in a separate VM. Coturn is a Linux package which is included in the repositories of all major Linux distributions. You just have to find a way to install it while you’re server is offline.

There is also an optional Signaling server aka Talk High Performance Backend which you might want to install in a seperate VM. I never did that myself. But you should be able to find instructions on the Internet on how to install and configure it by using the search engine of your choice. The installation process may require an internet connection. However, for day to day operation in your LAN, no Internet connection should be necessary.

Hi Nextcloud
Thanks
I had installed the talk server as an app on the same server, but as you know it is limited to 4 to 5 accounts to communicate simultaneously.
This is the reason why I am going to install it on a separate server.
One time about one year ago I try to install Talk High Performance Backend but I faced with several error and did not succeeded so I leaved it tile now

At this time I am looking for ready packages in VM form to put it directly on a vmware-ESXi machine, of course with some cost.
If you can introduce me to some VM packages it is ok and I appreciate it, but also I will try again to install as your guide.

Thank you very much
Br
Moj