Talk App shows white page in Safari 14.0.2

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 18.0.2): 20.0.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.41
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.4

The issue you are facing: Safari shows a white page in the Talk app. Chrome and Firefox show the site correct.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Start Safari
  2. Login to nextcloud site
  3. click on Talk app icon

The Safari Debug mode list following error, that is not present in Chrome.

[Error] Refused to load https://v38181.1blu.de/nextcloud/apps/spreed/js/image-blurrer-worker.js because it appears in neither the child-src directive nor the default-src directive of the Content Security Policy.
[Error] SecurityError: The operation is insecure.
	(anonymous function) (talk.js:1612:8086)
	(anonymous function) (talk.js:1612:8086)
	n (talk.js:1:115)
	(anonymous function) (talk.js:2806:38737)
	n (talk.js:1:115)
	(anonymous function) (talk.js:1:908)
	Global Code (talk.js:1:919)

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Already known:

1 Like

Hello with same Nexcloud Version and same Safari Version, I have same issue
 Talk is working fine in Firefox, Chrome, but presents a white page in Safari. What should we do ?

Just wait for the fix
 It’s nearly there

2 Likes

omg. imagine if a Google product would stop working for 19 days (this bug was opened 19 days ago)

This is the proof that Nextcloud cannot compete with Google Microsoft Amazon. Things break all the time and fixes come way too late.

What’s the problem? In the issue on github you posted the workaround is listed:

Just unset the csp-header if you NEED the funktionality on apple devices

And btw.: Imagine google would make updates without testing new versions before going productive :open_mouth:
You don’t have tests before running new versions on your productive systems?

And to be honest: Don’t blame anyone for things broken on apple devices
 Would be nice to have common used standards

Ok you are right. And still, Apple is a big player, so Nextcloud has to deal with their products/decisions.

You don’t have tests before running new versions on your productive systems?

Again, you are right, I should test before every update of every Nextcloud app on all browsers and all operating systems on all devices. My usecase is not a huge profitable company but a small not-for-profit, so resources for testing are limited. I test before server updates, not before app updates (but I might consider it in the future).

What I am trying to say is that I think it would be good to put some more resources into something that is clearly completely broken for a lot of users. It should not take more than two weeks to fix it. Do you disagree?

There is a new release of Talk :slight_smile:

1 Like