Sync problems with rare-access users

We run nextcloud clients on multiple computers (A, B, C). I, as a personal admin, have accounts on all computers. Typically I use computer A for my daily work. Occasionally, I log in to computer B or C - sometimes this happens only once a year. However, when I log in to C, for example, nextcloud starts the sync and messes up the current structure. It seems to me that nextcloud considers the local state equally valid despite it is old.

What I would like, is an option that nextcloud will not sync both ways on login but to gain consistency with the server. Only then the normal sync should be enabled so I can work now on computer C.

Client: Version 2.3.3 (build 84) on macOS 10.13.6

Nextcloud version: 13.0.5
PHP version: 7.2

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? : No

Steps to replicate it:

1. I have three computers C1, C2, C3 with users C1A, C2B, C3C, C3B and C3A (all users A, B, C have an account on C3)
  2. Create a folder F with subfolders x, y and z - let it sync to all devices and user accounts
    F => x, y, z
  3. Work only as C1A, C2B, C3C for a period of time - change the folder structure etc (I don’t know for how long - I didn’t access C3A for a long time) - for example move x out of F
    F => y, z
    x
  4. Login as C3A after a long time then it syncs to
    F => x, y, z
    x
    on all machines.

Cheers,
Ralph

Normally that should already work. Not sure if the long time somehow messes up things, especially if the server versions changed a lot. And in doubt, the server should have priority. Therefore, this qualifies for a bug report on github.com/nextcloud/desktop/issues.

Unfortunately, the long undefined time will make it hard to reproduce. Can you tell what version the server run when the client was connected the last time (or at least the major version)?

Today I checked the issue again with NC 13.0.5 - so far I encountered no problems anymore. Thanks!