Sync Files in Folder for Nextcloud Automatically

Hello Everyone!

I’m a newbie here and I’m so happy that I discovered Nextcloud. I ditched Google because I just figured out that the company can check you e-mails and information. I hope NXC does the opposite.

I have a simple questions because I use Joplin (an opensource note taking app) a lot. Every time I sync my notes it only saves in the NXC default location, that is not in a folder. I just want all my files synced in a folder so it looks nice and organized. I hope there’s an easy step on how to do this.

Thank you all,
Adi

Nextcloud isn’t a mail server, so no problem there. And as for the files, they are on your own system. You have full control of who has access.

They will sync wherever you put them. Are you using the desktop client?

They will sync wherever you put them. Are you using the desktop client?

I’m not sure what this is called but I log on on my web browser for NXC. What do you mean “they will sync wherever I put them?” I manually transfer the files in a folder but if I sync Joplin to NXC it still goes to the default save location, so I have to put the files in the folder manually.

I also have another question when I created my NXC account how come I was directed to a different server or website. I chose a country for the server and now when I log on to my account the web address is like nexcloud00.xxxxx.hosting. Their terms of privacy is different about data protection, does this server still check my data? is it still NXC I am using? Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

So how are you using Nextcloud?
Own server or hosted at some company?

I don’t know about Joplin, but if you use the configuration :config sync.5.path https://example.com/nextcloud/remote.php/webdav/Joplin (copied from their website) it will save to the user Joplin’s root folder. If you want to save somewhere else I guess you must solve it in Joplin, not in Nextcloud. If you are saving all you notes in Joplin on your own computer I suggest you to install the Nextcloud sync client (there is a link in Settings) and it can sync the files even if they are in sub-directories.

In the Joplin Android app you can e.g. configure an individual WebDAV URL which can point to every folder you want :wink:

If you want to save somewhere else I guess you must solve it in Joplin, not in Nextcloud. If you are saving all you notes in Joplin on your own computer I suggest you to install the Nextcloud sync client (there is a link in Settings) and it can sync the files even if they are in sub-directories.

You’re right it is a Joplin issue, I don’t need the Nextcloud sync client cause Joplin has a webdav link thingy that syncs automatically to NXC.

In the Joplin Android app you can e.g. configure an individual WebDAV URL which can point to every folder you want

Hey J-ed, I use Joplin on my laptop. Do you know what url/link I should use to save my notes in sub-catergories?

Unfortunately I don’t use the Windows app, but you can setup a sub directory, in which the Joplin files are stored, as described here:

Afaik, (sub-)categories are stored within the Joplin database/file structure and not in a separate directory structure.

Unfortunately I don’t use the Windows app, but you can setup a sub directory, in which the Joplin files are stored, as described here:

Joplin

Afaik, (sub-)categories are stored within the Joplin database/file structure and not in a separate directory structure.

Thank you dude, I need to do some reading and studying I’ll hit you a message when I figure or not figure it out. :slightly_smiling_face:

So how are you using Nextcloud?
Own server or hosted at some company?

Hey Hasse,
I don’t have my own server it’s hosted at some company, is my data still private?

Depends on the company I guess. If the hosting company promise to keep your data private AND you trust their statement, then your data is hopefully private. In the end it is all about trust.

1 Like

Thanks dude you’ve been helpful. Your time is appreciated!