Sync deleted all my files

I AM SOOOO MAD RIGHT NOW!

My NAS died, so I re-setup it, Installed NC, added my user with the same name/pw, fired up NC client, connected it to my server and hit “resume sync for all”, after a while I wondered that in the webinterface no files where showing up and then: all my local files are GONE! The errormsg was
“conflict when uploading some files to a folder those conflichted are going to get cleared”

I MEAN WTF?! DELETING FILES WITHOUT ASKING THE USER?!
and I can find no place to change this behavoir, I am so fcked right now, I am in the middle of the semester at the end of university and now I ve lost all my files. (NTFS Backup cant bring back all of them, as some are already overwritten…)

HOW CAN I CHANGE THIS??? everytime I start the sync, IT JUST FUARKING DELETES MY FILES WITHOUT EVEN ASKING ME!!! WHAT IS THIS???

I am running 22.2.0_9.0.8 via Docker, fresh install, nothing changed but added my useracc.
Client is 3.3.6 Windows 10, sync uses virtual files, “make always available offline” is on for my sync.

I want to be asked in case of a conflict and not have my whole life eradicated.
what ever technical decission is behind this its FCKD!!! expose those conflict rules to me and let me decide how to handle my data!!!

ps.: I ve tried this procedure before with my pictures which worked without any problems, it just deletes my files :exploding_head: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage:

just did the same on my laptop with KDE NEON (Ubuntu based)

and what? “this folder is not empty, choose a solution → keep local files”

THANK YOU!!! like this, thanks… just that those files are half a year outdated :confused: